|Designer(s)||Yong-Hyun Park (chief producer)|
Byung-Gyu Chang (chief strategy officer)
Huang Cher Ung (art director
|Genre(s)||Action, Third-person shooter, RPG|
|YouTube Gaming||TERA Channel|
- This guide is for the 2011 South Korean game. For the 1986 French game, see Tera: la cité des crânes.
The Exiled Realm of Arborea (officially abbreviated as TERA) is a 3D fantasy themed MMORPG developed by Bluehole Studio. The game was released in South Korea on January 25, 2011, in Japan on August 18, 2011, in North America on May 1, 2012, and in Europe on May 3, 2012, with closed and open beta testings taking place before the launch dates. NHN Corporation, NHN Japan Corporation, En Masse Entertainment and Frogster Interactive Pictures publishes the game in these regions, respectively.
With some patches the game receives a new subtitle. As such, it is also known as TERA: Rising and TERA: Fate of Arun.
On the official website, the following backstory for the game was revealed:
- About a millennia ago two omnipotent titans Arun and Shara entered into formless voids and for reasons we can only guess, fell asleep.
- The titans started to dream. Dream of a world that took form on their backs known as Tera.
- The first beings to call Tera home were twelve godlike beings dreamt up by the titans, but it wasn't long before the gods started fighting.
- As the dream continued new creatures took place called mortals, they were less powerful but far more numerous.
- Arun dreamed of ambitious Elves, clever Humans, honor bound Amani, powerful Giants, scheming Devas, and mischievous Poporis.
- Shara dreamed of sly Sikandari, dark Gulas and Vampires, fierce Wendigos, strange Faeries, and serpentine Nagas.
- The mortals were forced into the divine wars of the gods, which eventually left the gods dead, imprisoned, or otherwise diminished.
- The mortal races didn't escape unscathed. Some—like the Sikandari, and most of the Giants—were wiped out but others rose from the wars such as the Barakas and Castanics.
- Now that the gods were gone the seven races; Amani, Barakas, Castanics, Elin, High Elves, Humans, and Poporis must band together to fend off a new enemy.
- A metallic race from the underworld called Argons; their goal is to take over Tera and wake the titans to end their dreams and destroy Tera.