|Taboo: The Sixth Sense|
|Twitch||Taboo: The Sixth Sense Channel|
|YouTube Gaming||Taboo: The Sixth Sense Channel|
Taboo: The Sixth Sense is a fortune telling program that was released on the NES specifically for consumers in the U.S. This cartridge does not involve any type of "game"; it is only used to tell one's fortune.
All that has been And all that will be Is here for you to know Dare you glimpse the future Dare you even ask..? Taboo The time machine on Nintendo!
How to "play"
- Turn on the game.
- Press .
- Enter your name. Use to select a letter or the backspace character, "RUB", and press or to confirm. When finished, select "END".
- Enter your "birthdate" in the form of "MM.DD.YY". If you submit an impossible value (i.e. the 32nd day or 13th month), all six numbers will be erased. Select "END" to finish.
- Enter your sex (F or M).
- Enter a question.
- Wait for the cards to be dealt. As each description appears, press any button (except ) to go on to the next card.
- On the "Fortune Numbers" screen, press to shift the state abbreviations right, or to shift them left. When you have the correct state selected, press to change the amount of numbers you need for the system (state lottery, etc.) you are trying to predict. Use to adjust the minimum and maximum values of the numbers: / adjust the maximum number while / adjust the minimum. Finally, press to display your lucky numbers. Pressing any button on this screen will return you to the title screen.
This tarot deck is made up of 56 cards from the Minor Arcana (Ace, 2-10, Page, Knight, Queen, King), and 22 cards from the Major Arcana (The Magician, Hanged Man, Tower, Death, etc.). For the suits, it uses Staves, Coins, Cups, and Swords.
The readings are meant for you to interpret them as you will, but it follows the same order every time (different cards and different interpretations are read). Some of the following cards have parentheses next to them; these are generalized interpretations of what the card describes:
- You (no reading, just a card)
- Base of the matter (presently, why things are)
- Past influences (the way you once were or certain things that affected you)
- Forthcoming influences (the way you will be in the future or things that will affect you)
- Where one finds oneself (your comfort zone, what you do, your goal in life, where your efforts are put forth)
- Views of others (how others view you)
- Hopes and fears (how you feel now or will feel)
- Final outcome (conclusion)