Sword of Mana
Hey, thanks for the offer! I haven't played SoM for a yonk, but I wanted to restart it up again, just that after I created the mainpage I realised that I can't find my copy of it. I'll do the Heroine's path (because that's the only path I took on my first go through, so it shouldn't be that hard doing it again) if you don't mind when I dig up my copy, but I'll be slow in contributing for a while yet because I've got school etc to go to - but no worries, I'll get it there!--Froglet 04:04, 25 February 2007 (CST)
- Yeah, School's annoying, I've got a few other projects to do so it will take a bit of time to get started but I'll get there Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 04:08, 25 February 2007 (CST)
- Hey, when you make a page, can you add the link to the page to the ToC on the Sword of Mana article? Should we just create a single walkthrough for the game, and create 'Hero' and 'Heroine' sections as we come across them? I was just wondering what you think (I'm all for a single guide with deviations as it goes along to accommodate the Hero and Heroine sides of the story, but for now I've just left a 'hero's adventure' and 'heroine's adventure' sides to the walkthrough).--Froglet 05:34, 25 February 2007 (CST)
- And I'll start on the Heroine parts when I've done my homework. By the way, can we go with British spelling the whole way? I'm not that much of a fan of spelling 'amour' as 'armor' and so on, but I do so with other games because it keeps getting reverted otherwise :-P Doesn't really matter, though--Froglet 05:59, 25 February 2007 (CST)
I've found a few things from Wikipedia to quote if anyone changes the spelling:
- Follow the dialect of the first contributor.
If all else fails, consider following the spelling style preferred by the first major contributor (that is, not a stub) to the article
- Articles should use the same spelling system and grammatical conventions throughout.
Each article should have uniform spelling and not a haphazard mix of different spellings, which can be jarring to the reader. For example, do not use center in one place and centre in another in the same article (except in quotations or for comparison purposes).
P.S I can do the footer myself, Just put "Sword of Mana/Heroine" in the footer section saying Game= but this will mean that we have to have separate articles for everything so Topple will have to be "Sword of Mana/Heroine/Topple" to make the footer work.
- What about places where only 1 of the characters visits, what will we do then
- When only one of the characters visits a place, we could just put Hero Only: XYZ and Heroine: XYZ. I suspect that there's something tricky we could do with the footer nav, where we put 'hero's path click here' or whatever and 'heroines path click here' but I'm not sure how to go about it - maybe the people at the staff lounge would know??--Froglet 06:04, 25 February 2007 (CST)
- How about just having two footer navs? When they don't diverge, we could just have the one, and when they do we can just put two in. Sure, it doesn't look that great but it's the best I can come up with rather than having two separate guides of the same thing.
I got the navs to work, I've also worked out how to put two nexts in the footer as well! To do this you put "|customnext=Topple" in the footer and it will work Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 07:09, 25 February 2007 (CST)
- Nicely done!! :-D--Froglet 07:15, 25 February 2007 (CST)
Use the customprev and customnext (they require full links) features on the footer nav when they diverge, like so (view the code too see how):
- Heh, I didn't even see this convo, but cleaned up the Sword of Mana/Walkthrough page to match this. -- Prod (Talk) 11:32, 25 February 2007 (CST)
- Wow, I'm reeling from the amount of progress that's been put within the past short while on the walkthrough, awesome work, Rocky! I'll try and get some stuff up soon.--Froglet 05:25, 26 February 2007 (CST)
Sure thing, but should there be a section about the different classes and stuff that you're on? Perhaps Getting Started:Classes or something like that? I didn't know about the special attack, I'll go find out about it (of the three levels I've gained two of my class choices have been Theif and the other was Sage).
Sorry I haven't been updating the article for a while, I've been very busy with work and schoolwork. I'll try editing as much as I can but don't get angry if I don't, okay? It's not that I don't want to write the heroine bits, it's just that I'm bogged down with nice shiney new games (FFXII, which I can't help but edit... shame on me :-P ), and I have a few other bothersome school things to do. Nice job by the way, Rocky, though it's not the kind of style I'd use for writing (see how the Hero and Heroine bits are so vastly different?! :-P ), it gets the job done very well.Froglet 08:10, 3 March 2007 (CST)
- No Prob, I've been a bit preocupied playing Port Royale 2 and will probably do 1 page a day, feel free to change my pages to make them better.
- P.S I've asked an admin and now we've started in English, we will finish in English--Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 04:19, 4 March 2007 (CST)
Class Table Arrangement
- It's great, I've got a walkthrough from Game FAQ, would I be able to use the stats in that to help or is it a copyvio?--Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 12:29, 4 March 2007 (CST)
If you only copy information (like numbers and stuff) it's ok, cause the information is technically part of the game, not theirs. Copying and pasting the layout, wording or anything like that is not allowed. -- Prod (Talk) 14:50, 4 March 2007 (CST)
Hey, I've just gotten back into playing Sword of Mana, and I've managed to get a hold of a ROM and an emulator, so I'm taking screenshots as I go along. Anyways, I've heard that these geode thingummyjigs are important for some side quest, so I've taken a test screenshot of the location (with the 'glimmeringness' circled out in red, so that you can see the location easier), this one is the earth geode that's at the Armoury in Topple.
I wasn't entirely sure where to put it, so I've just left the piccy here for the next editor who knows exactly where it should go.
- Yeh, you need those to get the special spirit attacks, I've got a guide somewhere to say where thay all are (the wind 1 is in the trees to the right in the screen where niccolo fishes the hero out) you need the thing to make you smaller though.--The preceding signed comment was added by Rocky (talk • contribs). 10:55, 3 October 2007 (CDT)
- You mean this one?
--Froglet 11:05, 3 October 2007 (CDT)
- Yeh, do u have the locations for all 8??--The preceding signed comment was added by Rocky (talk • contribs). 11:35, 3 October 2007 (CDT)
- Pretty much, I know where the Water, Light, Dark and Earth Geodes are, and I think I know where I can find out the rest of the locations for them are (I just need to play through the game to get to the other points where the Geodes are). :P --Froglet 20:22, 3 October 2007 (CDT)
What do you think of the following:
- The Dream (Hero • Heroine)
- The Prison / Topple (Hero • Heroine)
- The Meadow (Hero • Heroine)
- Topple (Hero • Heroine)
- Cascade Cottage (Hero • Heroine)
- Batmo Cave
- Vinquette Vicinity
- Vinquette Hall (Hero • Heroine)
- Scaly Lair
- Marsh Cave
- Road to Wendel
- Wendel Cathedral
- Mushboom Forest / The Airship (Hero • Heroine)