|Temple Run: Brave|
|Publisher(s)||Disney Interactive Studios|
In June 2012, it was announced that Imangi Studios had tied up with Disney to promote the movie Brave with a game titled Temple Run: Brave that released on June 14 for the iOS and on June 25 for Android. Unlike the original free game, it costs 99 cents to purchase.
Temple Run: Brave is set in the forests and wild of Scotland, with the default and only character, Merida. Like the original Temple Run game, Temple Run: Brave has its own store, but different. In the Store one can buy the same boosts in the original Temple Run, and the player can upgrade them afterward, like Invisibility, Mega Coins, Coin Magnet, Double Value, and other utilities. The player can also buy gowns, dresses and armor for Merida to wear during the run, or some new wallpapers. As the original game, Temple Run: Brave's objective is to keep on running and avoiding the dangers along the way for the longest time, while being chased by a wild animal.
The all new feature for Temple Run: Brave is archery. Along the way on one's run, an archery symbol will appear and some dots above it, acting as a signal that there will be bullseyes to shoot at. The dots are the number of targets in this area. On the left and right hand sides, the player will then find archery targets; by just touching the screen, an arrow will be shot accurately on the upcoming target. When the player finishes hitting all targets in the area, they will take a coin bonus, and will have to wait for another area with archery targets.
The game was released on Windows 8 in 2013. The following guide below was made using Windows 8, but should apply for all versions.
--- Windows 8 PC keyboard and mouse controls ---
- Arrow keys, Movement between the three lanes, sharp turn, jump and slide
- WASD keys, Movement between the three lanes, sharp turn, jump and slide
- Space, Jump
- K during play, Kill yourself
- Esc during play, Open pause screen
- Esc during pause, Open quit confirmation window
- Clicking the left or right side of the screen will make your character shoot an arrow in that direction. Once collected, clicking on the wisp slowdown item in the lower left corner will activate it.
- You can also drag the mouse to simulate touch controls to do a sharp turn, jump and slide with your character.
--- Bonus meter ---
Fills up when earning coins, either from collecting them, shooting arrows or collecting the mega coin upgrade. It takes 100 coins to fill up the meter completely, when it fills up it will reset and add one yellow circle. If you trip the bonus meter will reset back to zero yellow circles. When the bonus meter is filled after four yellow circles it will continue to give a 500 score bonus.
- 1 yellow circle, 100 score
- 2 yellow circle, 250 score
- 3 yellow circle, 500 score
- 4 yellow circle, 500 score
--- Upgrades ---
Wisp slowdown upgrade
When this upgrade is collected you travel to the wisp world. Filling up the bonus meter in the wisp world will yield the wisp slowdown upgrade to be used in the normal world. It takes 20 wisps to fill up the bonus meter. ´
- Level 1, 1000 coins, Activate upgrade, enter the wisp world. The wisp slowdown will last 4(?) seconds.
- Level 2, 2500 coins, Wisp slowdown last 5 seconds
- Level 3, 5000 coins, Wisp slowdown last 6 seconds
- Level 4, 7500 coins, Wisp slowdown last 7 seconds
- Level 5, 12500 coins, You can now collect up to two wisp slowdown
Coin magnet upgrade
- Level 1, 500 coins, Activate upgrade, attract coins when collected
- Level 2, 1000 coins, Last longer
- Level 3, 2500 coins, When coin magnet is activated, each coin earned is worth the double
- Level 4, 5000 coins, Last longer (coin magnet will last 25 seconds)
- Level 5, 7500 coins, When coin magnet is activated, each coin earned is worth the triple
- Level 1, 500 coins, Activate upgrade, makes you invisible when collected
- Level 2, 1000 coins, Last longer
- Level 3, 2500 coins, Last longer
- Level 4, 5000 coins, Last longer
- Level 5, 7500 coins, Last longer (invisibility will last 25 seconds)
Mega coin upgrade
- Level 1, 500 coins, Activate upgrade, adds 50 coins when collected
- Level 2, 1000 coins, +25 coins (75 total)
- Level 3, 2500 coins, +25 coins (100 total)
- Level 4, 5000 coins, +25 coins (125 total)
- Level 5, 7500 coins, +25 coins (150 total)
Coin values upgrade
- Level 1, 500 coins, Double coins after 1500 meter (these coins are red)
- Level 2, 1000 coins, Double coins after 1000 meter
- Level 3, 2500 coins, Triple coins after 3000 meter (these coins are blue)
- Level 4, 5000 coins, Triple coins after 2500 meter
- Level 5, 7500 coins, Triple coins after 2000 meter
Magic arrows upgrade
Except from the regular 200 to 300 coin bonus by hitting all the targets, this upgrade will also give you coins for every target hit.
- Level 1, 500 coins, Adds 10 coins when you hit a target
- Level 2, 1000 coins, +10 coins per target (20 total)
- Level 3, 2500 coins, +10 coins per target (30 total)
- Level 4, 5000 coins, +10 coins per target (40 total)
- Level 5, 7500 coins, +10 coins per target (50 total)
- Level 1, 500 coins, Activate upgrade, makes you invisible and boosts 250 m when collected
- Level 2, 1000 coins, +125 m boost (total 375 m)
- Level 3, 2500 coins, +125 m boost (total 500 m)
- Level 4, 5000 coins, +125 m boost (total 625 m)
- Level 5, 7500 coins, +125 m boost (total 750 m)
--- Second shot ---
After you die you will get to play a mini-game. If you collected the 'bow & arrow' item during the run you will get a free arrow for each of these item you collected. In the mini-game by shooting an arrow at a target you will get either nothing, a score bonus, score multiplier or an item that will be activated your next run.
Bonuses you can get from the targets:
- 5000 score
- 10000 score
- 20000 score
- 50000 score
- 100000 score
- x1.5 score
- x2 score
- x3 score
- Wisp magnet (In the next game you will attract wisps in the wisp world)
- Resurrection wing (In the next game you will start with a special resurrection wing item activated, different from the regular resurrection wing is that this item will last until you die)
Table of Contents