To unlock the movies complete each of the missions:
|#1: Regarding Sollozzo||Complete "The Alley" Mission|
|#2: Mr. Bonasera||Complete "Enforcer" Mission|
|#3: Meeting With Sollozzo||Complete "Grave Situation" Mission|
|#4: Sicilian Sign||Complete "Sleeping With The Fishes" Mission|
|#5: Five Shots||Complete "The Don Is Dead" Mission|
|#6: Sonny And Tom Disagree||Complete "Intensive Care" Mission|
|#7: Sonny And Tom Argue Again||Complete "Fireworks" Mission|
|#8: Mr. Woltz||Complete "Death To The Traitor" Mission|
|#9: Trigger Too Tight||Complete "Horseplay" Mission|
|#10: Mattresses Montage||Complete "A Recipe For Revenge" Mission|
|#11: Where's Michael?||Complete "Now it's Personal" Mission|
|#12: Spoiled Guinea Brat||Complete "The Silent Witness" Mission|
|#13: Carlo Learns A Lesson||Complete "Sonny's War" Mission|
|#14: Are You Ready To Do Me This Favor?||Complete "Change Of Plan" Mission|
|#15: The Don's Demise||Complete "Order To Kill" Mission|
|#16: Carlo Goes For A Ride||Complete "It's Only Business" Mission|
|#17 The Baptism||Complete "Baptism By Fire" Mission|
|#18 Johnny Fontane||Collect 10 Film Reels|
|#19 Don Sends Luca On An Errand||Collect 20 Film Reels|
|#20 Luca's Demise||Collect 30 Film Reels|
|#21 The Don Is Dead||Collect 40 Film Reels|
|#22||Collect 55 Film Reels|
|#23||Collect 70 Film Reels|
|#24: Sonny At The Tollbooth||Collect 85 Film Reels|
|#25: Sorry Sally||Collect 100 Film Reels|
Become the Don of New York and your ammo will never run out.
|Unlockable||How to Unlock|
|Assassin's Pistol||Buy third Pistol upgrade|
|Dillinger||Buy third upgrade for Tommy Gun|
|Python||Buy third Magnum upgrade|
|Saturday Night Special||Buy third .38 Snub Nose upgrade|
|Street Sweeper||Buy third upgrade for Shotgun|
Unlimited Money and Respect glitch
After completing the first mission, save and quit before answering the phone. Reload and you will get $500 and 500 Respect for the mission you just finished. You can save and reload as many times as you like. This may not work on all versions.
A Few Interesting Things Around The Streets Of New York
- Target a hobo and take a couple punches, if his ring turns red and he fights back, kill him and collect up to $5000
- Keep your eyes open for robberies, if you see a defenseless woman getting beat up, protect her and kill her attacker.
- Sometimes if your heat is at five stars, there are a few cops you can bribe to make it go down.
- There are numerous ramps set up on the streets. You finish the rest...
- If you kill the Underboss in Barzini in their compound who is guarding the left side steps he will drop $20,000 in cash. (XBOX 360 only)
- In some versions of the game there are a few locations where gangsters around a truck guard a money bag. If you are successful in taking the money bag from them, it will show up in Tom's Report as "Living World Money Bags",
- Sometimes there are also fat ladies wondering the streets. If you take her out, she will drop $100.
- In some alleyways you will find rival family members that are about to execute someone.
- In one restaurant in Midtown, check out the back door. If you go through, you will see 3-4 Tattaglia guards that are holding up the chef. If you shoot all of the guards before they kill him, then he will give you an award. (PS2 only)
Hooker crew members
In the Playstation 3 and Wii versions of the game, you can hire a hooker to assist you, similar to hiring a crew member. On the Playstation 3, at some point in the game (perhaps after you have flirted with 25 hookers and made a move on 25 hookers), hookers will appear at some of your safe houses. They all have a "5-stripe" rank, so you cannot hire one until you become Don of NYC. The safe houses are:
- Little Italy - Bowery Hotel
- Hell’s Kitchen - The Elegante
- Brooklyn - St. Sebastian Hotel
- Midtown - Savannah Hotel
- New Jersey - George Hotel
The feature is similar on the Wii.