- Start - X15 Y14
- Area 7 begins with a Blue Lander checkpoint. Open the door to the south, and proceed along the path to the center of the area.
- X15 Y18
- You will notice a biological theme for this portion of the labyrinth. Two darting creatures patrol this room. Shoot them to make item capsules appear, and then head to the room on the right for a mini-boss fight.
- X16 Y18
- X17 Y20
- Follow the large arrows suggestion and continue walking east.
- X18 Y20
- The door above you will lead to the entrance to Corridor 17. However, before you visit it, travel one room south, and open the door on the left. It will take you to a Blue Lander checkpoint. Open the bottom door that you find.
- X17 Y22
- From this room, head west, then south, and then east again.
- X17 Y23
- X18 Y19
Continuing the biological theme of the labyrinth, it will look as though you are exploring the interior organs of some very large creature. You will be first greeted by a pack of green creatures. These creatures are entirely impervious to almost all of your weapons; they will simply block any firepower you throw at them. However, the Guardian can safely crash into them without harm. In fact, that is the only available method of removing them if you want to save Enemy Erasers. Fly up and clear them away so that you will be able to shoot at the subsequent enemies.
Lobster will start out, along with blue manta rays. Shortly after that, pods will appear on the left side of the screen. These pods produce eyeballs that slowly home in on you. Sometimes a pod will be absent, but the hole it leaves behind will spew bullets in every direction. The pods will stop on the left side and begin on the right side. At this time, both slowly floating mushrooms and the quickly descending mushrooms appear at the top of the screen. If things get hectic, you may wish to consider using a heavy duty weapon like the Fireball, or even an Enemy Eraser, to clear the screen of enemies and give yourself a chance to recover.
Two blue bursting particle balls will appear, followed by more of the green shot-blocking creatures. Crash into them to clear them out of the way, and as the last one appears, green lampreys will appear at the top of the screen. As they do, you will fly over giant eyeballs on the surface below, which produce smaller eyeballs to chase you. Descending mushrooms appear before you fly through a valley with bullet spewing holes on either side. Use the Bullet Shield to protect the Guardian. When you're through, you will arrive at the boss.
The boss of this corridor is a large collection of eyeballs which fire smaller eyeballs at you. They are stationary and their only means of defense is to pummel you with large amounts of flying eyeballs. You can rely on weapons like the Fireball, Repeller, even the Grenade or Saber Laser. At times, more green creatures will come down to block your shots. You can proactively approach them, or just wait for them to reach you and destroy themselves. Either way, keep up a steady stream of fire that will destroy the eyeballs that fly towards you and potentially create item capsules.
Once every eyeball is destroyed, the attack will cease, and you will return to Area 7, where you will obtain an upgrade to your Saber Laser. If you like, you can explore the path to the north, but it leads to a Blue Lander checkpoint along with a shortcut back to Area 6. Since you don't need to go there, you should open the door to the right.
Return to Area 7
- X19 Y19
- X20 Y19
- Follow the large arrow to the east and continue down the path.
- X22 Y20
- X22 Y21
- Beyond the left door of this room is a shop where you must choose from among three items for the price of 1000 chips. The choices are a Rapid-Fire upgrade, a Heart, and a Wave Attack upgrade. Once again, ignore the heart. You have to decide between the Rapid-Fire upgrade and the Wave Attack. If you've found every Rapid-Fire upgrade to this point, and purchased one from the shop in Area 2, then this Rapid-Fire upgrade will not benefit you at all. A free Wave Attack upgrade is available in Area 9, but you may not wish to wait until then to get it, so if you're willing to part with 1000 chips, you might as well purchase the Wave Attack tile and earn your Level 3 upgrade now. If you decide to get the Wave Attack, this weapon will be the most useful throughout the Corridors due to the green absorbers who will block all special weapons and the Wave Attack will pierce enemies faster than any other weapon at this time. When you're done, leave the shop and continue south to the bottom of the area.
- X22 Y23
- X20 Y23
- From this very crowded room, you are one room away from the entrance to Corridor 7. Open the door and step inside.
- X19 Y23
Right from the start, you will be assaulted by blue versions of the small laser firing craft that are particularly dangerous. They will be accompanied by both types of mushrooms. Use a fast weapon like the Wave Attack to try and take them out before they get into a position to fire at you. The mushrooms will stop, but large eyeballs will appear on the surface below. After they pass, the blue laser ships will continue to appear alone for quite some time.
After a break, the green shot blocking creatures will begin to appear at the top. Two pairs of eyeballs will pass below, and then the green lobsters will begin flying overhead, joined by floating mushrooms and the occasional eyeball. The blue laser ships will join the fight again after a short time. Then the stage scroll will slow down, and you will arrive at the boss.
The boss is once again a collection of eyeballs. This time, a few more smaller eyeballs are situated on the outside edges, but other than that, it is identical to the boss of Corridor 17. Use the same strategy, focusing on continuous attacks with the Fire Ball, Wave Attack, Saber Laser, or Grenades to chip away at the large eyeballs' health as well as destroy the smaller eyeballs that fly toward you. All the while, mushrooms and laser ships fly in periodically to join the attack. Keep an eye on your health, and fly up every now and then to collect one of the energy items that are sure to appear near the top.
Once the last eyeball is destroyed, you will return to Area 7. Collect the final upgrade to the Cutter Laser, and then make your way back to Area 0. You are ready to proceed to Area 8, whose entrance can be found at X10 Y15. On your way there, however, you may want to make a stop at X12 Y15 and visit the room beyond the door where you receive the hint about Area 6. If you open the door below, you can visit the next room to receive a hint about Area 8 as well.