From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
There are two main objects for building creativity. One builds it visually and one builds it with audio.
|Independent Expressions Inc. Easel|
|Need Effects||Fun 10|
|Need Maximum||Fun 70|
|Room(s)||Study, Outside, Living|
The easel can be used to create art and beauty. It works with several interactions.
- Paint/Practise Painting. At creativity level 5, practise painting becomes paint. Sim chooses a random image based on creativity skill. When sims paint, they paint in several stages.
- Paint Still Life: Sims can paint still life paintings by reaching creativity level 5.
- Paint Portrait: Choose another sim on the lot and paint his or her portrait. Note that you don't actually have to paint the subject sim. The interface for painting portraits is the same for painting still life.
- Scrap: Scraps an incomplete painting
- Continue: Continue painting a partially completed painting.
- Sell: Once the painting is complete you can sell it for a profit. The value of the painting ranges from $0-$500 in average. However, once your sim reaches creativity level 10 that's when the painting really gets valuable. Every painting your sim makes becomes increasingly more valuable. Finally when your sim dies, the painting suddenly gets a sharp increase. Extremely good artists will eventually reach the maximum of $4500 a painting.
- Ruin: Autonomus interaction for sims in a low mood. Sim wrecks the painting by splattering paint over it. If the person has high creativity, they may actually add value to it.