This page needs to be split into subpages.
Please add some links to the Table of Contents and split this page to separate pages, then remove this template.
|The Urbz: Sims in the City|
|System(s)||Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS|
|Preceded by||Bustin' Out|
|Followed by||The Sims 2 (Game Boy Advance), The Sims 2 (Nintendo DS)|
|Neoseeker Related Pages|
|Twitch||The Urbz: Sims in the City (handheld) Channel|
|YouTube Gaming||The Urbz: Sims in the City (handheld) Channel|
Hip-hop group The Black Eyed Peas provided several music scores for the game, which have also been translated into Simlish. Members of the group also appear as guest Urbz in the game.
The handheld versions are played as an adventure game and require the player to complete missions to advance.
The goal of both the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance versions of The Urbz is to complete the five main missions. Both versions also include optional rep missions, but only the Nintendo DS version has the special Splicer Isle based mission.
As in most games of The Sims franchise, Urbz have eight basic needs: Hunger, Hygiene, Energy, Social, Comfort, Bladder, Entertainment, and Room.
- Hunger – Satisfied by cooking on a stove or grill, or by and eating food purchased from a vendor (e.g.: Salty's ship, the Crayfish Shack or Zydeco Club)
- Hygiene – Satisfied by taking a shower or washing hands.
- Energy – Satisfied by sleeping on a bed, couch, or bench.
- Social – Satisfied by talking to other urbz or interacting with a pet.
- Comfort – Satisfied by sitting or sleeping.
- Bladder – Satisfied by using a toilet (or peeing on the ground).
- Entertainment – Satisfied by using various objects like the television, trampoline, dance floor, etc.
- Room – Satisfied by spending time in the character's house.
The handheld versions of The Urbz also include several mini-games where the player can earn simoleons, the game's currency. Here is a list of the minigames and tips for each game!
- Squeegee Clean
- Location: Roof of King's Tower
- To score well in this game, you gotta be quick. Avoid the bird poop and wash the windows as soon as possible. It is sometimes more strategic to wait for the poop to pile up so you can clean gigantic piles in one go, but watch out - clean it before the lift goes up, and watch your time!
- Dr. Max Stat!
- Location: Hospital
- Select the symbols that make up the pattern displayed on the top of the bottom screen. You can select as you go along, as you will usually be right. However, sometimes it can get a little tricky, so don't expect to score swell every time in the fifth level: Brain Surgeon.
- Comic Explosion
- Location: Slice O' Life Pizza
- Motocross Mayhem
- Location: Garage
- Moogoo Monkey
- Location: Salty's Riverboat
- Soul Music
- Location: Bayou (you will go there in Mission 4)
- Sushi Sensei
- Location: Splicer Island
Table of Contents
- Slave to the Grind
- Get Cleaned Up
- Help Kris Thistle
- Get the Key
- Get out of Jail
- Find a Place to Live
- The Greatest Fear
- Fiddle with the Red Man
- Bye Bye Bayou
- Running from the Law
- The Bigbucks Players
- Reality Show
- Back to the Drawing Board
- Interview with a Cajun Vampire
- Atlantis Premiere Party
- Back in Time
- You're My Only Hope
- Land Ho!
- The Boys are Back in Town
- It's Alive
- Dog and Dinosaur Show
- Winky Weebucks