Age: between 30 and 40.
Job: flight dispatcher at an international airport.
Studies: Degree and Master in Physics.
Known languages: English, French, Lombard, Italian, Spanish (but also: ancient Latin, some German, a little bit of Swahili).
Hobbies: Snowboarding, cooking, Franco-Belgian bande-dessinée.
Mental problems (just kidding!): addicted to role-playing videogames, addicted to making tables and lists, addicted to StrategyWiki.
Dislikes: acronyms ("unnecessary haste"), loanwords (enjoy one language at a time!), hypenations ("punctuation placeholders"), nouns used as if they were verbs (Calvin & Hobbes teach: "Verbing weirds language").
I prefer old video games
I definitely like the good old ones.
Role-playing games cleared since joining this website:
- Ultima 5: Warriors of Destiny (1988) (from nonexistent to Stage 4!) ^_^
- Holy Magic Century (1998) (from Stage 1 to 2/3)
- Final Fantasy Soul of Rebirth (2004) (from Stage 1 to 2)
- Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar (1990) (from Stage 0 to 3 to...)
- Final Fantasy 3 (1990) (from stage 1 to 3)
- Brain Lord (1994) (from stage 1 to 3)
- Mystic Ark (1995) (from nonexistent to stage 4)
- Ultima 6: The False Prophet (1990) (from stage 2 to 4)
- Ultima 2: Revenge of the Enchantress (1983) (from stage 1 to 3)
- Ultima Worlds of Adventure 1: The Savage Empire (1990) (from nonexistent to stage 3)
- Ultima 1: The First Age of Darkness (1981) (from stage 1 to 3)
- Hera: The Sword of Rhin (1987) (from nonexistent to stage 4)
- Realms of Darkness (1987) (from nonexistent to stage 3 to...)
- Tangled Tales (1989) (from nonexistent to stage 3)
Other significant guide contibutions:
- Elnard/The 7th Saga (1993) (from stage 2 to Stage 4!) ^_^
- Kickle Cubicle (1988) (from nonexistent to Stage 2 to...)
- Final Fantasy 2 (1988) (from Stage 1 to 2)
- Ultima 5: Warriors of Destiny (NES) (1993) (from nonexistent to Stage 3)
- Mega Man X: Cyber Mission (2000) (from nonexistent to Stage 3, in two days)
- Faria (1988) (from nonexistent to Stage 3)
- Ultima 3 (1983; 1986&1988 remakes) (completely rewritten, although already Stage 4)
- Legend of the Ghost Lion (1989) (from nonexistent to Stage 4)
- Adventures of Lolo 2 (USA) (1990) (from stage 2 to Stage 4)
- Wurm: Journey to the Center of the Earth (1991) (from nonexistent to Stage 3)
- Willow (NES) (1989) (from nonexistent to Stage 4)
My Character Class Triangles
|These are the diagrams I originally made to understand the professions in Ultima 3, and later found that can be applied to any role-playing video game.
|In some role-playing video games there is no distinction between "healers" and "offensive mages", therefore a slightly different approach can be more useful.
- Ultima series
(1983-88) Ultima III: Exodus
(1985-90) Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
(1988-93) Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny (NES)
(1990) Ultima VI: The False Prophet
(1990) Worlds of Adventure 1: The Savage Empire
(1989) Knights of Legend
(Atypical triangle for a strategy/role-playing hybrid: anticipation skills at the top).
- Dragon Quest series
- Final Fantasy series
- Mystic Ark series
- Drakkhen series
- Other role-playing games
Video games I'm interested in
Role-playing series on the NES
or started playing
|The Legend of Zelda||
1: The Legend of Zelda
How many times I won the Ultima games:
Ultima 1 1: DOS Ultima 2 2: C64, C64 Ultima 3 4: NES, NES, NES, AMI Ultima 4 5: NES, SMS, AMI, SMS, NES, AST Ultima 5 3: NES, NES, DOS, AST Ultima 6 2: SNES,DOS,SNES
Role-playing series from the Super NES
Square & Enix
- Mystic Ark
- Seiken Densetsu
- Further 4th generation role-playing video games by Square & Enix:
French role-playing & adventure games
- Another World
- Further role-playing video games made in France: