Welcome to StrategyWiki!
Hello Froglet! Welcome to StrategyWiki. Thank you for your contributions. If you have any questions, just contact a sysop through their talk page or post on the staff lounge, and they'd be happy to help. If you need help editing, check the editing article. If you have a question about the content on this wiki, you can check out our staff lounge page. If you want to ask questions or hang out in IRC, we're usually around. On the other hand, if you have ideas for StrategyWiki, bring them up in community issues. Please remember to sign your name on talk pages by clicking or using four tildes (Prod (Talk) 12:04, 26 December 2006 (CST)); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Finally, please do your best to always fill in the edit summary field as this helps to document all of your hard work. Feel free to delete this message from your talk page if you like, or keep it for reference.
When creating new pages for guides, could you please make sure they're in a sub-page of the guide itself (e.g. "Equipment" is a sub-page of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)? One thing important to doing this is making sure that any links you create to non-existant pages point to their proper sub-paged location. --DrBob (Talk) 00:46, 19 January 2007 (CST)
- For example, you've created World 1. What game's this for? I have a suspicion it's for Final Fantasy VII; if so, it should be named Final Fantasy VII/World 1. --DrBob (Talk) 00:46, 19 January 2007 (CST)
- Just to note, the Walkthrough subpage is always needed. It is linked from the All Game Nav at the top of every page and should have some content. I've set up a basic version, if you could add a nice intro pic, and a sentence or two to start the game, it should be enough. -- Prod (Talk) 08:23, 5 February 2007 (CST)
Sword of Mana
Hello, I am interested in contributing to the walkthrough, I would be happy to restart the game to do this, would you rather that I took the Hero or Heroine's path to write about? --Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 03:03, 25 February 2007 (CST)
- Yeah, School's annoying, I've got a few other projects to do so it will take a bit of time to get started but I'll get there Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 04:08, 25 February 2007 (CST)
- Sorry about that, i was just trying to make the TOC work in the sandbox and I have improved it now, what do you think Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 05:36, 25 February 2007 (CST)
- What about places where only 1 of the characters visits, what will we do then?
- I've found a few things from Wikipedia to quote if anyone changes the spelling:
- Follow the dialect of the first contributor.
If all else fails, consider following the spelling style preferred by the first major contributor (that is, not a stub) to the article
- Articles should use the same spelling system and grammatical conventions throughout.
Each article should have uniform spelling and not a haphazard mix of different spellings, which can be jarring to the reader. For example, do not use center in one place and centre in another in the same article (except in quotations or for comparison purposes).
P.S I can do the footer myself, Just put "Sword of Mana/Heroine" in the footer section saying Game= but this will mean that we have to have separate articles for everything so Topple will have to be "Sword of Mana/Heroine/Topple" to make the footer work.
I got the navs to work, I've also worked out how to put two nexts in the footer as well! To do this you put "|customnext=Topple" in the footer and it will work Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 07:09, 25 February 2007 (CST)
You might want to change the characters section or add something about this, Dark Lord's name is Prince Stroud (It's in the Hero's Dream), I think he named himself that (wierd) Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 10:53, 26 February 2007 (CST)
P.S You may want to change my edits where both characters visit or at least add your side to it as I'm writing everything from the Hero's POV
Froglet, there is a special attack when you get all 8 spirits e.g 8 Wisps. You need to gain 5 skills in Sage or Mage or you lose the chance for the entire game, you may or may not know this, but there are skills e.g Theif and there are classes e.g Arch Mage, there are three types of classes, yellow, then blue then red, there are 5 yellow classes, every yellow class splits into 2 blue and each blue splits into 2 red. You need to gain the yellow class by having 5 points in magician or sage before you get 5 points in any othere skill, the special attacks vary from each of the 8 classes but I've tried it for Jinn - Arch Mage and Wisp - Bishop and the attacks hit every enemy in the area and have a nice animation, Jinn's is a whirlwind and Wisp's is hard to explain but is uses light.--Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 10:22, 27 February 2007 (CST)
- Yeah, just make sure that you get the 5 points in magician or sage first, It isn't in the manual, I found it out by chance, then I got a walkthrough off Game Faq and it told me how to use the attack.--Rocky (Talk Contributions ) 10:20, 28 February 2007 (CST)
Hi. You wanted to make a gun tree? With the upgrade to MediaWiki 1.9, we've installed the GraphViz plugin, so you should be able to learn how to use it here, and then make your gun tree. :-) --DrBob (Talk) 11:16, 28 February 2007 (CST)
- Hmm, trillian should work. In any case, the setup you want seems a bit overly complicated. Check out the MapleStory/Monsters/Level 1-10 page for one way to simplify it a bit. However, you can get things as complicated as this. How many entries are there going to be on this page? -- Prod (Talk) 10:45, 22 April 2007 (CDT)
You've got MPH?! Do you play on Wi-Fi at all? If you do could we trades FC's? Let me explain my frantic questioning. I love Metroid Prime Hunters. I love playing Wi-Fi. I only have one true friend to play with on Wi-Fi, Apokiud, and I am desperate to find anyone else who I add as a friend (I have 57 rivals for crying out loud!) and play against online. Lunar Knight (Talk to me + Contribs) 19:47, 8 May 2007 (CDT)
- First of all, have you logged onto Wi-Fi with MPH? You need to do that to have an FC. To find your FC, go onto the Wi-Fi menu, and select edit friends and rivals. Then select add friend. Your FC should appear right beside the input box. Yes, I have Mario Kart, Spectrobes (Downloading items and stuff via Wi-Fi), and Pokémon Diamond. Do you have the DS Opera Browser? Lunar Knight (Talk to me + Contribs) 13:12, 9 May 2007 (CDT)
- Wow, you live in Australia? You might as well know, I live in the states, Washington specifically. Well, when DP are released there (Roughly two months after the US release, Ouch!), how about trading FC's for online trading, battling and voice chat (Which is always activated, by the way)? My MPH FC is: 1504-0972-9579. Lunar Knight (Talk to me + Contribs) 17:12, 10 May 2007 (CDT)
- Oh! Once Diamond and Pearl are released, do you think you could assist me with the walkthrough and other pages? Lunar Knight (Talk to me + Contribs) 17:15, 10 May 2007 (CDT)
- Heh...Sorry, but you can't immediately transfer over your Pokémon from the GBA games. First of all, you need to beat the game and I believe you need to complete the Sinnoh dex. I chose the turtle-like starter, Turtwig. I don't like monkeys (Not sure why, but whatever) so I didn't choose Chimchar. While Piplup, the water starter is cute, I preferred Turtwig more. I have the guide to Diamond and Pearl, but the damn thing doesn't have a proper Pokedex, so I have to wait until later in May to get the companion pokedex. That means having to somehow scrape enough money to get another guide. I almost have my national dex on Emerald Version complete (Just four Pokémon away), but the problem is, I have developed a deep love for the game and am hesitant in transferring all of my hard trained Pokémon over to Diamond. It may sound silly asking this, any advice? Lunar Knight (Talk to me + Contribs) 19:40, 10 May 2007 (CDT)
- Well, the Pokémon in question are mainly my legendaries, contest Pokémon and Battle Frontier Pokémon. I'd love to keep them in Emerlad (To continue challenging the Battle Frontier and contests), but I also want them to go to my Diamond version for similar resons (Fighting in the battle tower, super contests). As for my legendaries, I at a loss for them. I really want to keep them on Emerlad, but at the same time, there is no reason why I can't transfer them to Diamond. Lunar Knight (Talk to me + Contribs) 11:50, 12 May 2007 (CDT)
- Before I respond to your offer, I have exciting news to tell you. Over the GTS, I obtained a shiny Spiritomb (Spiritomb=rare, more explanation later) for a lowly Illumise! And I placed two Ambipoms on offer and got two Palkia's in return! (The Ambipom strategy was discovered by a friend of mine). Now onto your offer, thanks for the offer, but I just thought of something. Before I deliberate, I want to ask, how opposed are you to the usage of Action Replay? My plan has something to do with using an AR device. Lunar Knight (Talk to me + Contribs) 12:27, 20 May 2007 (CDT)
- Hah! I have ARed the hell out of my Ruby version. Got 99 Liechi, Ganlon, Petaya, Salac, Apicot, Lansat and Starf berries, each. 99 PP Maxes. 99Master Balls. 99 Rare Candies. Now, my plan. I plan just to Ar all of the legendaries and transfer them over. I have already transfered ARed Pokémon onto my Diamond and there seems to be no difficulties or negative side-effects (So far :-P). ARed items seem to be alright (Have six Master Balls). I have a theory on ARed Pokémon and Pokémon in general and transferring. Lunar Knight (Talk to me + Contribs) 22:07, 21 May 2007 (CDT)
Prodding you back
I'll have it shaken not stirred, and prodded, not poked ;). -- Auto Prod Bot 19:53, 6 July 2007 (CDT)
Loot table in FF XII
What exacly should be included in Recipe section? Weapons in which recipe the loot item is needed or whole recipes?Vigilium 03:21, 11 July 2007 (CDT)
Sweet, you got the game! Luckily I've memorized my code, I've given it so many times. 4338-8981-7126. So, how far into the game are you? About the Piplups, sure I'll take one, and the Cherrim and Turtwig, I have many Cherubi and I can easily get you a Turtwig. :-) Lunar Knight (Talk to me + Contribs) 10:46, 11 July 2007 (CDT)
Welcoming New Users
Hey Froglet, just letting you know, apparently it was decided not to welcome new users that haven't made an actual contribution. That New User Log is pretty much of no use... Baejung92 17:16, 6 September 2007 (CDT)
If it's ok with you I will be starting on Crisis Core as well as other finl fanatsy games Because they FrEAKIN rock.KimbleTHEcommie 10:58, 20 June 2008 (CDT)