Welcome to StrategyWiki!
Hello Richardson j! Welcome to StrategyWiki. Thank you for your contributions. If you have any questions, just contact a sysop through their talk page or post on the staff lounge, and they'd be happy to help. If you need help editing, check the StrategyWiki Guide. If you have a question about the content on this wiki, you can check out our staff lounge page. If you want to ask questions or hang out in IRC, we're usually around. On the other hand, if you have ideas for StrategyWiki, bring them up on the community portal talk page. Please remember to sign your name on talk pages by clicking or using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Finally, please do your best to always fill in the edit summary field as this helps to document all of your hard work. Feel free to delete this message from your talk page if you like, or keep it for reference. Happy editing! -- SkizzerzTalk - Contribs 18:23, 12 June 2007 (CDT)
- I saw your post on Schmidtty's page, we're a small wiki and we appreciate all the help we can get. Glad to have you on board and again, welcome! --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 00:14, 15 June 2007 (CDT)
Hey j; if you ever need any help just post in the Staff Lounge. For future reference, Dr. Bob has lower attendance rate than most other sysops, but he'll probably see your message soon. Anyways, what templates do you need help with? When you start a new guide you'll see four buttons above the edit box; if you click the one that pertains to the type of page you're creating it will create a basic layout for you to fill in the blanks with. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 18:48, 30 July 2007 (CDT)
- I started the Military Madness page for you. I'm not sure what the difficulty was for you. Users have gone to great lengths to make the process as easy as possible, and the guide is present to clear up any confusion. Please read this section more closely, and make sure that you understand how to start a new page. It's very important that you follow its instruction svery carefully, as it cuts down on the amount of clean up work for the sysops. Anyway, Military Madness is ready for you to edit. Good luck, that's a complicated game. Procyon (Talk) 20:33, 30 July 2007 (CDT)
- When in doubt, copy and paste. Take a page that you know to be started correctly, copy the contents, and paste it into the new page, and make any of the necessary changes. Also, though not a rule on this site, it would be a good idea to at least use punctuation when leaving a message for someone on their talk page. It's extremely difficult to parse whatever it is that you're trying to tell people because you refuse to use commas and periods, and that makes you appear lazy, as if you don't care if people understand what you're saying. Procyon (Talk) 09:11, 31 July 2007 (CDT)
- Fixed that. It turns out the link on Category:Wii Virtual Console (check the code to see how to link to categories) pointed to Nectaris rather than directly to Military Madness. I've added a redirect so it should work properly now. -- Prod (Talk) 23:50, 30 September 2007 (CDT)
The reason for an IP block is that there's absolutely nothing to prevent a vandal from getting one account banned, and then turning around and immediately creating another account. a good example of someone who kept doing this ad nauseam was User:Cedricong. He ended up with 4 or 5 sock puppets before he was finally IP blocked. So, the best option to prevent that would be an IP block. Unfortunately they're not a perfect solution and there's occasionally collateral damage. --IsaacGS 19:56, 2 August 2007 (CDT)
- Yeah I apologize. I actually wasn't trying to IP ban, but the banning system is a little weird and so I guess it did both. How did you get unbanned? Did you call up your ISP or something? Or are you on dial-up? --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 22:39, 2 August 2007 (CDT)
- Special:Blockip, when used on an account, gives the options to prevent account creation and block the last IP that the user used, as well as autoblock all other users with that IP. However, the IP blocks only last for a period of 24 hours before they expire. The only way to permanently block an IP is to block the IP itself and not an account. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you view it), it is currently impossible to determine a user's IP, so permanent IP blocks won't happen anytime soon. Also, even blocked users can edit their own talk page, so leave a message there next time this happens so a sysop can unblock you. --Safety Skizzerz Talk · Contribs · Spel Chek™ · VFG · RTFM 18:51, 3 August 2007 (CDT)
- EDIT: Actually, I just checked. Blocked users cannot edit their own talk page (they could on Wikia, which is why I assumed they could here as well). Try using the email feature to notify an administrator or come onto IRC if this happens again. --Safety Skizzerz Talk · Contribs · Spel Chek™ · VFG · RTFM 18:55, 3 August 2007 (CDT)
No more moves.
You are hereby forbidden from moving articles from one location to another. If you want an article moved, you may request it in the staff lounge. If you do not respect this request, you will be banned temporarily. If you do not respect this request after a temporary ban, you may be banned from editing on StrategyWiki permanently. Thank you. Procyon (Talk) 09:10, 22 October 2007 (CDT)
- When moving pages around, please be careful to use the proper name. We try to make sure that the names on the front pages of guides are correct so follow that name if you're in doubt. You won't be banned if you move pages, just ask before moving a lot of pages. Thanks :). -- Prod (Talk) 19:42, 22 October 2007 (CDT)
- Fair enough, I will say this much. If a move that you make is appropriate, there will be no punishment. However, if you make another mistake like the one you made this morning, I will open a discussion with the rest of the staff as to whether you should be banned or not. In no language that I know of, English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, you name it, is it appropriate to remove a space after a colon in a title. I don't know what made you think that Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth should be "Sin and Punishment:Successor of the Earth," but that is incorrect. Procyon (Talk) 20:11, 22 October 2007 (CDT)