Experience points are earned when the player accomplishes certain tasks. There are three areas in which players gain experience, and eventually level up:
- Battle Sense
- Light Weapons
- A third, class-specific area
Levels are increased when you hit the following thresholds in each category:
- Level 1: 20 XP
- Level 2: 50 XP
- Level 3: 90 XP
- Level 4: 140 XP
Each is covered in greater detail below.
Battle Sense is a bravery skill that rewards all classes for surviving combat. 2XP is gained per 30 seconds while inflicting damage. 5XP is gained for every 30 seconds while inflicting and receiving damage. 8XP per 30 seconds is gained while killing an enemy and receiving damage. Rewards for levelling up in battle sense are:
- Issued Binoculars: Press B to activate your binoculars. Field ops can use binoculars to call artillery strikes and covert ops can use binocs to spot landmines.
- Increased Physical Fitness: The powerful aerobic benefits of prolonged combat activity enable your Stamina bar to recharge at 160% of the normal rate.
- Improved Health: Increases your maximum HP by 30 points.
- Trap Awareness: Even if you're not a Covert Ops, you'll be able to sense enemy Land Mines without the aid of Binoculars. Any mines within a certain range will appear as translucent outlines in your field of vision. Unless you're a Covert Ops, you won't be able to spot them for your team-mates.
Light Weapons applies to kills with small arms (submachine guns and pistols) and unscoped rifles. Players earn 3 XP per kill with a grenade or a shot to the body. 5 points of experience are gained per kill with a shot to an enemy's head. As players gain experience, certain rewards are gained:
- Improved Use of Light Weapons Ammunition: When you respawn, your ammo load-out will include one extra clip of ammunition.
- Faster Reload: Light weapons reload 35% faster.
- Improved Light Weapon Handling: SMG spread is reduced by 35% while Pistol recoil is halved.
- Dual-wield Pistols: Soldiers with this ability can use two pistols at once. Those will appear after respawning, you don't have them immeadiately after receiving this level.
Heavy Weapons applies primarily to soldiers. Although a player, regardless of class, gains 3 points of experience when killing an enemy using a stationary or vehicle-mounted machine gun, only soldiers can make use of the bonuses. Heavy weapons experience is also gained by killing an enemy with any heavy weapon: flamethrowers, portable machine guns, mortars, and panzerfausts all give 3 XP per kill.
Heavy weapon bonuses are as follows:
- Improved Projectile Resources: Firing a Panzerfaust or Mortar will now take 1/3rd less Power Bar than previously.
- Heavy Weapon Proficiency: Machine guns cool down twice as fast.
- Improved Dexterity: There is no longer any speed penalty while walking with a heavy weapon equipped.
- Improved Weapon Handling: A light weapon - such as an SMG - may be used in place of the slot normally used for pistols.
First Aid is a skill set which only Medics can use. Medics gain one point of experience when healing an ally (or themselves) with a health pack. Four points are gained when a medic resurrects an ally with the syringe.
First Aid bonuses are as follows:
- Medic Ammo: Medics receive an extra ammunition clip and grenade with their basic weapon load-out.
- Improved Resources: 2 syringes extra max ammo, 2 extra on spawn plus Medic pack only takes 15% Power Bar instead of 25%
- Full Revive: These new green syringes resurrect a teammate at full, rather than half, health.
- Adrenaline Self: Pressing the Special Weapons 1 Key (5 by default) will allow a player to inject him or herself with adrenaline. Damage is halved for ten seconds, and the stamina meter will not decrease at all, even when sprinting.
An engineer specific skill that is rewarded by destroying players and objectives with explosives. Engineers earn 3 XP for repairing a vehicle or MG. 5XP is gained for a 50% of Power Bar objective such as repairing an MG nest, 7.5 for a 100% Power Bar objective like repairing a tank and up to 10XP for destroying an Objective. Engineers also earn 3XP for a Rifle Grenade kill, 4XP for a Land Mine or Dynamite kill, 4XP for defusing an enemy Land Mine and 6 points for defusing enemy Dynamite.
Engineering bonuses are as follows:
- Improved use of Explosive Ammunition: Engineers start with four more rifle grenades and four more hand grenades.
- Improved Dexterity: Engineers with improved dexterity can arm or disarm both mines and dynamite in half the usual time.
- Improved Construction and Destruction: Engineers with this ability use less of the power meter when setting mines or dynamite.
- Flak Jacket: Damage from explosions of any kind is halved.
Field ops gain experience in this area by distributing ammo packs, and also by killing enemies or disabling objectives through airstrikes or artillery. One point of experience is gained for every ammo pack distributed to an ally. 3XP is gained for every enemy player you kill with an Air Strike, 4XP for killing them with an Artillery Strike and 5XP for destroying an Objective with either.
Signals bonuses include:
- Improved Resources: Ammo packs now give two ammo clips instead of one when picked up, and deplete only 15% of the player's power meter instead of 25%.
- Improved Signals: Artillery calls and marker flares only cost 2/3rds of your power bar, allowing a player to call in airstrikes more frequently.
- Improved Air and Ground Support: Artillery strikes last twice as long, and airstrikes have two planes instead of one.
- Enemy Recognition: Disguised enemy Covert Ops can be identified. Targeting one will result in "Disguised Enemy!" appearing, and their position will be revealed on the command map.
Covert Ops experience is gauged on your ability to eliminate enemies using scoped weapons, disguising yourself, and destroying objectives or enemies using satchel charges. ANY player earns 5XP for kills with a headshot, 3XP for kills with a bodyshot, armshot or legshot. A Covert Ops will earn 3XP for each Land Mine spotted and 5XP for disguising themselves using an enemy uniform. 5XP is gained for every kill with a Satchel Charge and 7XP every time an objective is destroyed using one.
Players with skill in Covert ops will gain these bonuses:
- Improved Use of Scoped Weapon Ammunition: Each Ammo Pack you get from a Field Ops or Ammo Cabinet includes one extra clip of ammunition for your Scoped Weapon
- Improved use of Sabotage and Misdirection: Satchel charges and smoke grenades use only a third of the power meter.
- Breath Control: Recoil jump and weapon sway with Scoped Weapons is halved.
- Assassin: Stabbing an enemy in the back with a knife will instantly kill them.
The End Results show the best players from either team in each field of achievement in that map. Medals are awarded to a team's best player in each category. Medals are per team, End Results are overall.
- Highest Fragger: most kills
- Highest Experience: highest XP
- Highest Ranking Officer: highest rank
- Most Highly Decorated: most medals
- Highest Battle Sense: highest Battle Sense
- Best Engineer: Best Engineer
- Best Medic: Best Medic
- Best Field Ops: Best Field Ops
- Best Light Weapons: Best Light Weapons
- Best Soldier: Best Soldier
- Best Covert Ops: Best Covert Ops
- Highest Accuracy: Best ratio of shots fired to hits
- I Ain't Got No Friends Award: Most team kills
- Welcome Newbie: Lowest score under 100
Medals are awarded to the players who have the most EXP in each of the seven areas.