A new challenge is now available.
|Name||Level||Unlock Conditions||Mirages||Rewards (Initial)||Rewards (Subsequent)||Gil|
|Forest Fauna 1||14||Clear Chapter 5||Stack: (Valefor, Cockatrice, Mu) x2||Cure Seed||Potion x2||234|
|Forest Fauna 2||34||Clear Chapter 5||Stack: (Valefor, Cockatrice, Mu) x2||Turbo Ether||Hi-Ether x2||846|
The Girl's Tearoom
A new Intervention Quest is now available.
|Name||Difficulty||Unlock Conditions||Mirages||Rewards (Initial)||Rewards (Subsequent)|
|Where Art Thou, Smoochy-Poo?||★||Clear Chapter 5 and "The Girl Who Forgot Her Name"||Princess Goblin★||Memento (Princess Goblin), Hi-Potion||Potion x2|
|Princess Goblin★||26830||25||-25||25||-25||-25||25||-25||25||100||100||100||25||100||100||100||100||Inflict Blind|
|Rename Prism||Chest next to the fireplace|
|Warlock's Warmer||Sparkle next to Sherlotta|
After entering the area, walk a short distance and enter the building to your right. Inside, you will meet Sherlotta. Lann carelessly transforms into Jiant form, which doesn't seem to bother Sherlotta all that much, since according to her she remembers a time when Jiants used to be a common sight, and finishes up by saying everyone is welcome under her roof, and adds that it would help if you did a little shopping while you're here (which is funny since there's no shop in this area to do so at).
After examining the Warlock's Warmer, Sherlotta expresses concern at you wanting to cross the ice fields, and tells you not to even bother. Normally it would be treacherous this time of year as it is, but now that it's overrun by Mirages nobody would be safe. Reynn and Lann inform her that it won't be a problem for you, since you're Mirage Keepers. A girl nearby overhears you, and introduces herself as Refia, who says that she has been stuck here for a while now because of the Mirages. Sherlotta is displeased at your insistence to cross the field, and after a short grumble she encourages you take Refia with you, since she knows white magic and can heal your team.
Exit the inn, and continue north
This dungeon finally will pose a bit of a challenge. You won't be able to navigate easily here, because every screen has everyone's favorite puzzle, the sliding ice floor. Note that the White Nakk's in this area will not be imprismable until you defeat the boss. During this chapter, this area is a good grinding opportunity, since whenever your health gets low after a battle, Refia will automatically heal you for free.
SLIP 1 ICE PUZZLE:
- From the top, head down, left, up, and right, then Sizzle the chest to unlock it.
- Then, head left, down, left, down, right, and down, to reach a platform with another chest.
- Afterwards, head up, right, down, right, up, and right, to continue to the next area.
|Phoenix Down x2||Slip 1, Chest behind second Sizzle point|
|Potion x3||Slip 1, Chest inside a Sizzle point in ice puzzle|
|Blizzard Seed||Slip 1, Chest south of ice puzzle|
|Wobblestopper x3||Slip 2, Chest north of first Sizzle point.|
|Mirajewel (Defense+)||Slip 2, Chest inside a Sizzle point in ice puzzle|
|Squishsparkly||Slip 2, Chest just before the Gimme Golem|
|Elixir||Slip 3, Chest inside a Sizzle point in ice puzzle after activating Puzzle Switch|
|Arma Gem x2||Reward for defeating the boss|
|Memento (Fenrir)||Reward for defeating the boss|
|Ether x3||Slip 4, Chest to the right of where the boss was|
SLIP 2 ICE PUZZLE:
- From the bottom, head up, right, up, right, and down, to reach the first platform. Before heading right, however, head down and left, and then Sizzle the chest. Head back to the platform by going right and up. Loop around, picking up the Squishsparkly in the chest and give it to the Gimme Golem.
- From the top, head down, left, down, right, and down, to reach the second platform and continue to the next area.
SLIP 3 ICE PUZZLE: This puzzle actually has two forms, the changing of which is irriversible. To complete this puzzle you will need a Mirage with smash, and be able to trigger a Puzzle Switch needing 11 weight and 100 earth resistance. The earth resistance can be filled by a Copper Gnome and Mandragora, and the remaining 4 weight can be filled by any Large Mirage with any non-negative amount of earth resistance. Without DLC, the only available Mirage with "Smash" is the Mythril Giant, which requires leveling the Copper Gnome up to level 10 and unlocking it. With DLC, the Sky Dragon is a much cheaper choice. If you need to swap out some Mirages, there is a Save Crystal just past the exit of this screen.
- From the bottom, head left, up, left, up, right, up, left, up, right, up, right, up, right, and up, to reach the platform to the next area, where a Save Crystal is located.
- From here head down, left, down, left, down and left to a path leading up to the Puzzle Switch.
SLIP 3 ICE PUZZLE, 2ND FORM:
- From the newly created platform, head down, left, down, and right to exit to the bottom platform.
- From the bottom platform, head up, right, up, right, and up to Sizzle the chest.
- From the chest, head left, up, right, and up to exit the area.
The Secret Area only contains a single encounter, and currently you are likely too weak to imprism it, so return around level 30 with light and dark skills and high light resistance to imprism the Holy Dragon.
In the final area you will see Grandfenrir up ahead. The fight is fairly easy, and it should die after a couple rounds of Fira's, but when it gets low on health it will summon 4 more White Nakk, assuming theyre all dead. You should also be wary of its Gnaw, as well the onslaught of Gnaw's and physical attacks from its accompaniment, as they have a tendency to make you wobble, which can be trouble because if you get unstacked you'll be stunned for a turn, as well as decreasing your defense and health, allowing them to pick you off quickly. An easy way to get around this is to kill three Nakk's, then wait until Grandfenrir lays down due to low health, and then kill the fourth Nakk.
Don't worry about ice resistance; despite being ice creatures, the only ice attack is from Grandfenrir using Ice Storm, which is an All-Target Tier 1 ability. If you don't feel comfortable risking it, using a stack with Tama and Cockatrice, and a stack with Red Nakk and Deathskull plus a Fire Mirajewel, will grant you 25 ice resistance on both stacks as well as access to Fira from both stacks. If you picked up a Cure Mirajewel from the Moogle or 2P Serafie, you can also slot that into either the Tama stack to unlock Cura, or the Nakk stack to unlock Cure on both stacks.
- If you have the DLC Mirages, a good alternate setup is one stack with 2P Serafie, Cockatrice, and another stack with Red Bonnetberry, Deathskull, both with Cure and Fire Mirajewels from 2 Red Captains (Transfig a Goblin group Mirage for one), and 2 Moogles (Transfig a Glow Moogle for one).
|White Nakk x4||300||-50||50||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||-25||0||0||0||0||25||0||Ice Attacks|
Afterwards, heal up and continue north to Saronia Harbor.