'The following ship types are available in "World of Pirates", altogether there are 9 ship classes. They all have different navigation requirements, sail characteristics, strengths and weaknesses.'
- The Transit is useful for moving from one shipyard to another. The transit is essentially a raft that moves, taking a transit involves putting all of your goods, ammo, men back into port and harboring of all ships. Though it is not required it is suggested to have all your specialists loyal as you will lose them if they are not when embarking on transit. Other uses for the transit include escape from a port after a raft(players may sink your transit though it is unfair to person on transit), use to do letter jobs AFK.
Transits are available in harbor you can choose free or charter to any port in world of pirates. Choice includes ship class. (except free)
- The Sloop is the fastest ship in the game. Great for nav at the beginning. It doesn't hold much crew, cargo or cannons. Speed is its only strength.
Build Calculation: 1 wop Day = 120 Mins
Full Up Sloop = 6 Wop Hours Time: 6 x 5mins = 30 Mins Real Time Build
- The Pinnace is an upgrade in crew, cargo and cannons from the Sloop. Probably not enough to outweigh the loss in speed. Sail the Sloop until you have enough nav for a Barque
- The Barque is very fast and maneuverable; it can hold more cannons/crew. Nice ship if you want to be able to get away from enemies.
- The Fluyt holds a ton of ammo. The cannons, crew and cargo are good as well. Makes a good PVP ship because it can hold a lot of wood/cloth and its maneuverability
- The Merchant is slow and weak but has a lot of cargo space. Great for trading or maybe holding some wood/cloth
- The Frigate has nice speed and firepower (1 cannon per upgrade). Great PVP ship. Drawbacks are low crew and cargo
- The Fast Galleon is also good for PVP. Very good firepower fully upgraded (2 cannons per upgrade). A bit slower than the Frigate, except in a headwind. Turns a little slower as well
- The Spanish Galleon is the Merchants big brother. Big, slow target with a lot of cargo room. Don't get caught out at sea in these
- The War Galleon is the most powerful ship in the game. With fullup cannons nothing else comes close. It can carry a lot of crew, cargo and ammo. Its drawbacks are that its slow, not very maneuverable and expensive to replace
|Ship Class||Nav/Costs||Upgrades||Cannons||Crew||Cargo||Speed||min. Dockyard size|
|Spanish Galleon||80/27||20||26/43||210/278||242/327||10.0/10.4||very big|