|Founder(s)||Erich Schaefer, Max Schaefer, Peter Hu, Travis Baldree|
Runic Games, Inc is a game development studio that formed after the bankruptcy of Flagship Studios. With all previous intellectual property lost, the group has gone on to start new projects such as:
- Torchlight: a new MMORPG.
- The "PrEditor": a game development IDE used to develop Torchlight.
The success of the new startup can be financially attributed to the partnership they made with Chinese game publisher Perfect World who has helped them reach their first major audience at E3 2009. In addition, their relationship with the Asian business has significantly reinforced their desire to allow players to use microtransactions in exchange for virtual benefits, rather than subscriptions.
- Erich Schaefer (Flagship Studios & Blizzard North co-founder; director of Blizzard Entertainment): Torchlight designer.
- Max Schaefer (Flagship Studios & Blizzard North co-founder): Torchlight business management.
- Peter Hu: Torchlight programmer.
- Travis Baldree (Wild Tangent lead programmer, technical director, and producer for games such as Fate; Flagship Seattle project director): Torchlight project leader, lead programmer, and lead designer.
Pages in category "Runic Games"
This category contains only the following page.