Welcome to all users! This page is where you can ask StrategyWiki-related questions to the staff and senior community figures, and they will do their best to answer. If you want to raise a topic for discussion (rather than just ask about it), please use theinstead. , with the most recent at the bottom of the page. If your question does not pertain to editing StrategyWiki (e.g. asking for hints or game-specific information), please ask on the guide's talk page or on the forums.
Please review the Table of Contents to see if your issue has already been raised; also check the archives (to the right) in case it was discussed some time ago.
To facilitate ease of browsing and replying, please:
- Place your question at the bottom of the list.
- Title the question (by placing the title between equals signs: ==Title==).
- Sign your name and date (by adding four tildes: ~~~~).
 MediaWiki 1.20.4
We've upgraded to the latest version of mediawiki (1.20.4). You can find some info about the release at mw:MediaWiki 1.20. Let us know if you find any issues. -- Prod (talk) 23:39, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
 re; adding a page
I added a page for an old game called Dragonsphere, sorry that i made it by creating a link to the empty page in my profile space, i should have asked you about it. I'm wandering though, whats involved in making a game page? Sclera1 (talk) 05:17, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- You don't need to ask for permission to create game pages. If they are incorrect or the game does not fit into our scope, we will correct or remove it as necessary. Please look over some featured guides for what we look for in a completed guide. Also, look over the help documents starting at StrategyWiki:Guide/Walkthrough. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 03:48, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
We've started to notice that SW starts to slow down on weekends when we hit our usage peaks. To help keep things snappy, I would like to add caching in front of our web server. However, this has one major downside: MediaWiki won't be able to keep track of how many pageviews each page actually gets. There's a sentence at the bottom of each page "This page has been accessed 1,304,179 times." That will no longer be accurate. This means the view count on Special:Statistics and the "Most popular" list won't be updated as much (maybe 10% of our total views will be reflected there). What do you guys think, are these view counts that important? -- Prod (talk) 16:32, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- It's kind of hard to notice, being off the content area. At worst, the cache system might cause some pages to be undercounted on Special:PopularPages, most of which is already dominated by MMOs or well-known classic games. --Sigma 7 (talk) 07:28, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
I've developed a script to help making patrolling recent changes a bit easier. It's still alpha-level so it isn't a Gadget (yet), but I'd appreciate early adopters giving feedback and whatnot on it. Currently it adds a tab called "Patrol" to Special:RecentChanges and Special:BlankPage (the latter so you don't have to load the normal RC in the event it takes a long time). More details are at User:Skizzerz/Scripts#Recent Changes Patrol. Thanks! --Skizzerz 19:16, 8 May 2013 (UTC)