|Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares|
|System(s)||MS-DOS, Windows, Mac OS|
|Preceded by||Master of Orion|
|Followed by||Master of Orion III|
|Series||Master of Orion|
|Twitch||Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares Channel|
Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares (a.k.a. Master of Orion II and MOO2) was the first sequel to Master of Orion. Like the original, it was developed by Simtex; Steve Barcia and Ken Burd designed it. The Windows 95 and MS-DOS versions of the game (both on one disc) were published by Microprose in 1996, while the Apple Macintosh version was published a year later by MacSoft. Master of Orion II won the Origins Award for Best Fantasy or Science Fiction Computer Game of 1996, and most reviews by critics and players were very favorable.
The game is still played online, and one group of fans has developed a patch, which fixes some bugs and adds more game set-up options, and a few mods which adjust the game balance (the mods require the patch).
Table of Contents
- Academy of Adventure Gaming - Origins Awards for 1996
- Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares at Metacritic.com
- Master of Orion II Mods - An Overview at masteroforion2.blogspot.com
-  Download sold at atari.com
-  Bundle of Master of Orion I+II sold at gog.com,  Master of Orion II sold at gamersgate.com and  Master of Orion I+II at gamersgate.com