Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow/Study
The study is the location of the third boss, and where you get the double-jump ability.
When you first enter, you have the option of continuing right, or heading down. The right-hand path leads to the Bastard Sword after a few screens, while the downward path leads to the rest of the map. Note the object circling around some platforms - these inflict an amount of damage proportional to your health and are indestructible.
After going down, continue to the right, down again, to the left, down, then left to the save point. From this save point, continue right until you get to a downward path. After this, you should have seen a cutscene with Yoko, who begins to describe Graham's true intentions. You can optionally head to the right to collect the whip sword, or left to the Great Armor.
The Great Armor had three attacks - a forward thrust, and two variations on an overhead smash. It carries a shield that protects from most attacks, requiring either crouching attacks or head attacks to destroy. When defeated, continue left to collect double jump, and to encounter a cutscene where Hammer mentions opening up a shop.
Once you have double jump, you can explore all locations within this section, with the exception of the single book. This requires Skeleton Blaze to reach (which slides under the wall), or accessing the secret from the Forbidden Area.
- Bastard sword available by taking the right path from the entrance.
- Whip Sword located at bottom-right corner. Requires back-dashing into the skull that blocks access.
- Kaiser Knuckle and melon located at top-left corner of section, behind a secret wall in the 2×2 room.
- Broadsword located by moving the crate down to the floor below, and jumping up the platforms. Requires double jump.
- Heart Pendant located by pushing crate to the right, and jumping to the room above.
- Hammer located at the top right corner.
- Ancient Book 1 is available either from the Forbidden zone or by using slide.