|Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun|
|Followed by||Kid Dracula|
|Twitch||Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun Channel|
|YouTube Gaming||Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun Channel|
Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun (悪魔城すぺしゃる ぼくドラキュラくん Akumajou Supesharu: Boku Dorakyura-kun?, lit. "Demon Castle Special: I'm Kid Dracula") is a platformer made by Konami. It was released exclusively in Japan for the Famicom on October 19th, 1990 The game was never localized outside of Japan until a fan created translation was released in 2003. It is considered a parody of the Castlevania series. A version for mobile phones was later re-released on June 30th, 2006, also only in Japan.
The self-proclaimed Demon King, Kid Dracula, has awoken from a long sleep, only to discover that the demon Galamoth has challenged him. Swiping his father's cape, it is then up to Kid Dracula to set out on an adventure to destroy the monster, and retake his throne.
Cameos in Castlevania canonical games
- There are some references to Boku Dracula-kun in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night as Kid Dracula is a reference to Alucard, the protagonist of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
- Galamoth makes a cameo in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
- Galamoth also makes a cameo in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow in which his soul controls time.
- Galamoth is also behind the events of Castlevania Judgment, though he doesn't appear personally. He sent the Time Reaper to do his bidding.
- Rahab who resembles the boss of Stage 4 appears as a boss in Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow there his soul gives the player the ability to walk underwater.
- Elgiza who resembles the boss of Stage 6 appears as enemy in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
- In episode #62 of GameCenter CX (known as "Retro Game Master" outside of Japan), Shinya Arino, the host of the show, played through the Famicom version of the game and successfully cleared it.
Table of Contents
Main universe: 2: Simon's Quest · 3: Dracula's Curse · Bloodlines · Harmony of Dissonance · Lament of Innocence · Curse of Darkness · Portrait of Ruin · Order of Ecclesia · Harmony of Despair · Judgment