Welcome to all users! This page is where you can ask StrategyWiki-related questions to the staff and senior community figures, and they will do their best to answer. If you want to raise a topic for discussion (rather than just ask about it), please use theinstead. , with the most recent at the bottom of the page. If your question does not pertain to editing StrategyWiki (e.g. asking for hints or game-specific information), please ask on the guide's talk page or on the forums.
Please review the Table of Contents to see if your issue has already been raised; also check the archives (to the right) in case it was discussed some time ago.
To facilitate ease of browsing and replying, please:
- Place your question at the bottom of the list.
- Title the question (by placing the title between equals signs: ==Title==).
- Sign your name and date (by adding four tildes: ~~~~).
- We had disabled it for some time since we were getting really bad spam. I've re-enabled the permissions, so please try now. -- Prod (talk) 21:53, 9 September 2017 (UTC)
Can someone move Yuu Maze and its branch pages to Youmais? The latter is official romanization of the title, but the large portion of internet gets this name wrong for some reason. --Looki (talk) 05:36, 18 November 2017 (UTC)
- Romanization is kind of a subjective thing. 遊メイズ very literally translates to Yuu Maze, and one could argue that the instance of the Youmais text in the game is actually a bad translation. Due to the fact that the majority of the internet refers to the game as Yuu Maze, including the No-Intro set, that's how most viewers will be searching for information about the game. I'm worried that if we change it, people will be less able to find the information they are looking for. So for the time being, I'd say we should leave it the way it is. If you have a stronger argument for the title change, feel free to provide one here. Procyon 18:08, 18 November 2017 (UTC)
- Youmais is definitely a wacky romanization, yes. However, this game is meant to based on Taito's 1988 arcade predecessor, Raimais. "Youmais" and "Raimais". You can see the pattern that two names are deliberately related to each other. That subtle implication is lost when you write it as "Yuu Maze". If the developer decided to go with so, I think we should respect that as well (if you're wondering where "Youmais" spelling came from, here it is, right at the menu screen). As for notability problem, that's what redirect exists for, isn't it? We can also create another paragraph in the article describing that the game's often mispelled as "Yuu Maze". That way, people won't miss this page via Google search.--Looki (talk) 03:19, 19 November 2017 (UTC)