Welcome to all users! This page is where you can ask StrategyWiki-related questions to the staff and senior community figures, and they will do their best to answer., with the most recent at the bottom of the page. If your question does not pertain to editing StrategyWiki (e.g. asking for hints or game-specific information), please ask on the guide's talk page or on the forums.
Please review the Table of Contents to see if your issue has already been raised; also check the archives (to the right) in case it was discussed some time ago.
To facilitate ease of browsing and replying, please:
- Place your question at the bottom of the list.
- Title the question (by placing the title between equals signs: ==Title==).
- Sign your name and date (by adding four tildes: ~~~~).
First time I click save page, and the page reloads asking for a reCAPTCHA. After filling out the reCAPTCHA, the page reloads telling me I'm adding to many links in rapid succession and asks me to click save once more if I'm adding something serious. Clicking save once more reloads the page asking for yet another reCAPTCHA, and after that it reloads with the "adding too many links" message again. It continously goes back and forth between the two, and never actually gets to the point where it's saving my contribution. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) .
The following games have names that match genres, and it means every time we refer to them we have to disambiguate . As these games are very old, and rarely accessed, it makes more sense for the genres to get the names for their redirects.
- Artillery -> Artillery (Commodore PET)
- Baseball -> Baseball (NES)
- Basketball -> Basketball (Atari 2600)
- Bowling -> Bowling (Atari 2600)
- Boxing -> Boxing (Atari 2600)
- Golf -> Golf (NES)
- Pinball -> Pinball (NES)
- Racing -> Racing (PlayStation)
- Skiing -> Skiing (Atari 2600)
- Soccer -> Soccer (NES)
- Stealth -> Stealth (Commodore 64/128)
- Tennis -> Tennis (NES)
- Volleyball -> Volleyball (Family Computer Disk System)
- It's an unfortunate problem, but yeah, I think this is the best way to approach the problem. The headache of trying to leave those links the way they are, and the havoc it creates when trying to link the categories isn't worth preserving the original guide names, so I'm in favor of this change. Procyon 02:05, 14 September 2020 (UTC)