Wii console problems
Bold text Hello I just recieved a black wii console for christmas but it doesn't seem to want to play any gamecube games it keeps spitting them back out except when it shows the screen which disc to start it does show the gamecube disc. Is there something wrong with it or am I doing something wrong or is it just a picky bitch?lol —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Oracle (talk • contribs) .
- Hi, new versions (2011+) of the wii are apparently not backwards compatible (according to anecdotal reports I found via searches). Older versions are, as advertised. It is likely that your particular version is not. Luckily, Gamecubes are cheap. See this thread. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 00:08, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
Featured guides' star icon
Template:Featured has this line: "This template adds a star icon to the upper-right corner which links to StrategyWiki:Featured guides."
Currently, each one of the featured guides has a star right under their main page names, and another one under the Table of Contents sections. But when I browsed Pokémon Yellow a few days ago, I remember seeing the star in the upper-right corner like the template says, and there were no stars under the Table of Contents sections.
Did something change? If yes, could the star be moved back to its original position? 220.127.116.11 13:56, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
- We were trying a different way of doing the stylings for it, but it doesn't appear to have worked very well. I've reverted the changes and it should go back to the way it was before soon. -- Prod (talk) 15:36, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
When will the Super Metroid Guide be Finished?
I've searched the internet and youtube for a good Super Metroid Guide that doesn't sequence break. I finally found the one here on Strategy Wiki but its not finished. Who's Working on it? Why hasn't it been finished yet? When Will it be finished? Will anyone finished Super Metroid? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 323starlight (talk • contribs) .
- Glad you found the guide useful so far :). Whoever wants to work on it, can work on it, no one is ever assigned. Looks like whoever was writing it moved on, so it won't be finished until someone else comes along and has interest in finishing the guide. -- Prod (talk) 15:45, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
- I just realized that I am the main editor for that guide, at least on the first few pages. Note that you can check the history of any page on this site to see who has worked on it, and what they have added. For now, I am focused on Chrono Trigger. It is my favorite game. If you have any specific Super Metroid questions (I have beaten it ~2 times), feel free to ask me them on my talk page, here. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 00:49, 28 January 2014 (UTC)
Game Page Creation
Hello, I'm a bit of a newb to the site and I was wondering how you create a game page. Like, I want to create a strategy guide for a 3ds game, but how? I really suck at this... --Vectrex (talk) 01:46, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
- Hi there! All you have to do is go to the game's page and start from there. E.g., Game Name. If you click that red link, then you can alter your URL in your browser at the top of the screen. Click in the address bar, change "Game Name" to the correct name of your game (we will help to rename the page if you don't get it right the first time), and press enter to load that page. Give it a shot, or let us know what game you are starting and we can link you to it (or you can link yourself; all you have to do is reply here, add the game name in brackets like this: [[Game Name]] and hit "Show preview" - you don't even have to save it to the page to use the link. However, a better idea would be to add it to your user page, User:Vectrex. That is a page that you can use to keep track of your work, favorite games, or whatever. See my page, [[User:Notmyhandle], for an example. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 01:59, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
- If they're significantly different (e.g. different level layouts), then one of the two platforms receives Sonic Lost World as the title, with the other platforms receiving a platform-specific title (e.g. Sonic Lost World (Nintendo DS) or Sonic Lost World (WiiU). If they're practically identical, it's best to describe platform-specific differences as needed, or create a Versions page in the ToC. --Sigma 7 (talk) 05:52, 31 January 2014 (UTC)