From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
Allow free games bundled in video game magazines gain coverage?
- What the title says.
- There's a Czech game called "Berusky", a free game that is bundled with various Czech video game magazines.
The source regarding this info is this website: anakreon.cz/?q=node/1
- Talking to Moydow (talk · contribs), he notes that: The game is qualified for "being mentioned in a notable third-party source", but wasn't sure about games given as free gifts in game magazines being accepted for coverage in StrategyWiki.
- I vaguely recall European video game magazines having disks distributed, but wasn't sure if it is commercial; to which Moydow brought up this nifty nugget: Sinclair magazines at one point gave out complete code of games in which requires the input of being typed into the magazine.
He recalls that StrategyWiki game articles have been accepted before by this notion.
- Wanting to hear the final call, Moydow wanted me to post it here for further discussion.
- Yay or nay? Discuss.
- It is allowable. Since the game is freely available online there is low chance of its availability disappearing any time soon (someone is likely to mirror it). The guide must be in English. A translations page is acceptable (and necessary for non-Czech readers) if you're into that. PC Gamer used to send discs with their magazine in the late 90's. I have a few, but I haven't spotted any demos on these, just custom maps (for Warcraft, Doom2, Hexen, etc.) and such. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 23:39, 21 September 2013 (UTC)