From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
There are 6 types of Extreme Gear (for characters' default gear, see Characters.):
- Board Style: Standard riding gear. Stays the same when Grind Parts are activated.
- Chaos Emerald: Exclusive to Sonic. Uses Super Transformation while riding Blue Star. After getting 60 rings and hitting top speed, Super Sonic performs as if he were riding a power type gear.
- Crazy Taxi: Uses rings instead of gravity.
- Rainbow: Has infinite gear changes that give the character all ability types.
- Skate Style: Gives the character speed type abilities (grinding) and handle easier. Most effective with speed type characters.
- Cover S: Offsets speed type characters' weaknesses with improved endurance and acceleration.
- Bike Style: Able to smash through obstacles and have better endurance. Most effective with power type characters.
- Hang-On: The background music has the tune of the video game. When you collect 100 ring, the Hang-On turns into the Super Hang-On with different music and a new gear.
- Wheel Style: Able to smash through obstacles and can do drift turns.
- Big Bang: Gives half GP when performing tricks, but when the GP Gauge is full, the character enters attack mode.
- Air Ride Style: Flying gear. Can take off from catapults and glide through the air. Most effective with flight type characters.
- Angel Whisperer/Devil Whisperer: Has only one gear change, Angel/Devil. It spins when you get enough rings to access the change. The Angel gives you good luck and the Demon gives you bad luck.
- Yacht Style: Flies and drafts opponents.
- Magic Broom: Allows you to distract opponents.