Jump to navigation Jump to search
Curse of the Azure Bonds introduces two new classes, that were missing in Pool of Radiance and Hillsfar: the ranger and the paladin.
It also introduces the dual-class ability, that allows a human character to change class, and later recover the abilities from the original class.
Because of level caps, it is convenient to play mostly with human characters.
Example of party:
- Front-line fighters:
- 1. Human paladin
- 2. Human ranger
- 3. Dwarf fighter/thief
- Back-line spellcasters:
- 4. Elf mage/thief
- 5. Human cleric
- 6. Human mage
Import characters from previous games
If you import a character from Hillsfar, some extra side-quests will become available.
The only characters that are worth being imported from Pool of Radiance or Hillsfar are:
- Any human;
- A multi-class Dwarf (thief/fighter);
- A multi-class Elf (mage/thief or mage/thief/fighter).
With reference to the above party, this is an example:
- Imported characters:
- 1. Human cleric (from Pool of Radiance; can become dual-class cleric/fighter)
- 2. Dwarf fighter/thief (from Pool of Radiance)
- 3. Elf mage/thief (from Pool of Radiance)
- 4. Human mage (from Hillsfar; can become dual-class mage/ranger)
- New characters:
- 5. Human paladin (can become dual-class paladin/mage)
- 6. Human ranger (can become dual-class ranger/paladin)