There are all kinds of items and effects available in Jump Ultimate Stars. BE sure to know them all!
Items can appear by themselves, but can also be found inside crates and chests. Items are fragile, and will be destroyed if they are attacked with the exception of a attack which will simply deflect the item away. If a chest or crate is thrown into an opponent, it will deal damage but not drop any items...
- Food - Various food items restore varying amounts of health. Meat restores the most.
- Gems - Only appearing in J-Galaxy, 6 different types of gems are used for J-Power mode. Gems can also appear when a player is KO'd.
- Bomb - A bomb that will explode shortly after appearing or if struck by an attack. The explosion will do damage even if the player is guarding.
- Bubble - Grants invisibility effect.
- Star - Grants invincibility effect.
- Boxing Glove - Increases attack power.
- Blue Boxing Glove - Grants an effect...
- Poison - Inflicts poison status effect
- Mushroom - Inflicts confusion status effect.
- Shonen Jump Magazine - Grants infinite special.
- Shonen Jump Pirate - Recovers a full special gauge
- Coins - Coming in three sizes, restores varying amounts of special. They are also dropped by a player if all of his battle characters are KO'd.
- Sandal - Inflicts speed down.
- Sneaker - Grants speed up.
- Pepper - Inflicts auto-run
- Ink - When picked up, a drop of ink appears above all the other players. If they are hit with it, they get blind
- Hammer - When picked up, Hammers appear above all the other players. If they are hit with it, they are paralyzed.
- Weight - When picked up, Weights appear above all the other players. If they are hit with it, they are slowed down.
- First-Aid Kit - Heals?
Most status effects don't stack up, and getting one will cancel out another. Most effects only last a few seconds.
- Invisible - An outline of a person appears above your head, but to the other players, you're invisible! This effect goes away immediately if you take damage.
- Invincible - A star appears above your head and you blink. You can't take damage like this.
- Attack up - A boxing glove with an ↑ symbol next to it appears above your head. Your attacks do more damage.
- Poisoned - A skull and bubbles appears above your head. Your health continually decreases.
- Confused - Question marks appear above your head. Left and right movement are reversed.
- JUMP - A symbol appears above your head. Your special gauge is temporarily infinite.
- Special Drain - The same symbol from the previous effect, but with a ↓ next to it. Special gauge continuously drains away...
- Slow - An iron sandal appears above your head. Your walking speed decreases dramatically. All other forms of movement are unaffected, though.
- Speed up - A blue sneaker appears above your head. Walking speed increases.
- Auto-run - A blue running man appears above your head, you always run forward.
- Love - An effect exclusive to Sanji. His attack increases based on the amount of females in the deck ^_~
- No Support - A struck out スポート (Katkana for "Support") appears above your head. Support Koma cannot be used.
- No Battle - A struck out バトル (Katakana for "Battle") Appears above your head. You cannot switch battle characters just now.
- DOOM - A number appears above your head. Starting at 10, it continuously counts down. Once it reaches 0 you DIE.
- No movement - A crossed out running man appears above your head. You cannot move at all (With the exception of attacks that cause minor movement)
- Blind - An eye with a cross out appears above your head. Everything (Except for you) becomes black.
- White Out - A DS with the top screen blinking white appears above your head. Everything (except for you) becomes white.
- No Attack - A fist with a cross out appears above your head. You cannot attack.