You start back in the Wright & Co. Law Offices. Talk to Maya if you want, otherwise Move to the Detention Center.
Max says some producers talked Max into making a TV special that involves him to make a prison escape, but if you don't find him innocent before the show airs, he's done for. Talk to Max.
- Night of the Murder: Max insists that he was at the ringmaster's office at the time of he murder.
- Today's Trial: Maya tells Max he should be respectful to the other members, but Max says they lack ambition, and he can't stand it. Max says he won an International Grand Prix.
- Grand Prix: Max shows you a picture of himself at the Grand Prix. He says he could have died a happy man at that moment, and thinks all of the other performers should experience that feeling. He gives you the Grand Prix Photo, which is added to the Court Record.
Move to the Circus Entrance.
You'll see Ben and Trilo here, who are practicing a new routine where they are singing a round. Maya gives the ring back to Trilo. Talk to Ben/Trilo.
- Today's trial: Maya asks the two what they saw. Trilo says he thought it was Russel at first. He didn't get a reply and he was wearing the three symbols. If he hadn't they would've thought it was Russel.
- Marriage: Maya wonders why Ben and Trilo didn't just look inside the tent for Regina. Trilo says it would be a pain to wait outside. That's why he waited, to make sure his body was aching for her.
- Ventriloquism: Trilo says he and Ben are practicing for the Grand Prix. He looks very eager to win.
Move to the Lodging House - Plaza.
You'll run into a bushed Gumshoe, who tells you von Karma is here and is currently investigating at Acro's Room, since if what Moe says was true, then the murderer could have flown past Acro's window.
It looks like you should stay away from her for now. Move to the Big Top - Cafeteria.
You'll see Moe there. After being tormented with another joke, Present the Grand Prix Photo. Moe says Max has shown everyone the photo. Not only that, but his enormous "bust". He makes everyone bow down to his bust everyday, and his greatness.
Talk to Moe.
- Today's trial: Moe doesn't look like he enjoyed the trial, as he had told a "great" joke.
- What you witnessed: Moe says he saw what he saw. He swears he saw Max's face. You don't see a Psyche-Lock, so he must be telling the truth.
- Max's Bust: Moe says it should be on the table in this room, but it was stolen five days ago. You see the picture of the bust on the bulletin board. The Max G. Bust will be added to the Court Record. Moe says that something has "changed".
- What changed: Moe says that earlier on the day of the crime, a piece of paper was posted on the wall. He doesn't know who it's from, who posted it, and what it says, as someone tore of half of the paper. You do see the first part of the paper saying "to the murderer". Murderer!? It sounds important! The Note will be added to the Court Record.
You may want to talk to Max about this. Move to the Detention Center.
Detention Center (2)
Present the Note to Max. He says he has seen it before. At the morning before the murder, Russel saw the note posted on the wall. After reading it, he became enraged and tore it off the board and crumpled it in his tailcoat pocket. Max wants you to find the letter and read it yourself.
The Ringmaster put it in his tailcoat pocket huh? Move to the Big Top - Ringmaster's Room.
Examine the piece of paper on the tailcoat. It's the second half of the note! In its entirety, it reads:
"To The Murderer!
- I have conclusive evidence of what took place.
- Meet at 10:00pm tonight at the lodging house plaza."
10:00 PM!? That's when the murder took place! The Note will be updated to the Court Record.
Move to the Lodging House - Plaza.
Gumshoe says he has just finished with the investigation with Acro. You then hear beeping noises. Gumshoe says the noise indicates that von Karma is near and runs off. von Karma herself will encounter you afterwards. Talk to von Karma.
- Tomorrow's trial: von Karma says she has "conclusive evidence" and a "conclusive witness". It is the acrobat, who claims to saw the murder fly past his window.
- "Revenge": von Karma says she didn't come here to avenge her father, but Miles Edgeworth. Wait, Edgeworth!?
- Miles Edgeworth: She is here for Edgeworth, because he is like a "little brother" to her. She blames you now that he's gone.
- Edgeworth's Death: Since the case that occurred a year ago, Edgeworth hasn't set foot in court. One day he "vanished" leaving a note behind saying "Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death". Death!? Does that mean he is dead? von Karma denies it, believing he is still alive somewhere. She says you killed the "Prosecutor" inside Edgeworth. That is what her revenge is.
You decide to talk to the performer. Move to Acro's Room.
You will meet Acro, who was expecting you. Talk to Acro.
- Berry Big Circus: When he was a kid, Acro's parents abandoned him, and Russel adopted him. He took very good care of him. So good in fact that Acro decided to repay him. Acro fears he was too kind for Regina. You then detect a hint of Acro's grudge against her.
- Wheel Chair: You ask why Acro is on a wheel-chair. Acro says he was injured during practice. You then see 3 Psyche-Locks. Did something else happen? Acro says he damaged the nerves six months ago. What happened?
- What happened: Acro wasn't here yesterday because he was in a hospital. He told the police what he saw, but von Karma tells him it was just a dream. What did he see?
- What you witnessed: On the night of the murder. Acro says he was sleeping when he heard a huge noise. He looked out his window and saw Max flying. That's the same statement as Moe!
Move to the Big Top.
You are attacked by Regent the Tiger again, only to be saved by Regina once more. She was trying to teach him to teach Money the Monkey a lesson. Talk to Regina.
- Russel Berry: Nothing worth hearing, except the mentioning of Russel killing Léon the Lion again.
- Money the Monkey: Regina says Money stole her stage costume. She asks you if you could get it back. You are given a choice. It doesn't matter what you choose.
Present the Note. Regina says she has seen the note and it was in her pocket on the morning of the murder. She denies being a murderer and thinks someone might have lost it, so she posted it on the bulletin board the morning of the murder. The Note will be updated to the Court Record.
Present the Small Seasoning Bottle. Regina says she saw it at the cafeteria.
Time to look for the stage costume. Move to Moe's Room.
You will find Money in there. You are given a choice. It doesn't matter what you choose, as he will give you the Stage Costume, which will be added to the Court Record.
Now that you retrieved the costume, Move back to the Big Top.
Big Top (2)
Present Regina's Stage Costume. Regina will say the costume actually belonged to Léon the Lion. Talk about Léon. Léon's practice went awry and he bit someone. For this, Russel was enraged and shot the lion dead. Léon will be added to the Court Record.
Now Move to the Cafeteria.
It looks like Moe is still hanging around here. Talk to Moe.
- Berry Big Circus: Since Russel's death, Moe has been thinking about trying on the Ringmaster's shoes. Moe wants to get over a tragedy. Get over what?
- "Get over it?: You ask Moe about the tragedy, but 2 Psyche-Locks appear, concerning an event for "six months ago".
Fortunately you have the right items. Present Maya's Magatama.
Moe's Psyche-Lock: Get Over It!
Talk to Moe again.
- "Get over what"?: Moe reveals to you that during stage practice, Léon bit someone hard. His name is Bat, Acro's brother and trapeze partner. He isn't dead but is in a coma.
- Acro's brother: Moe tells you that Bat was in love with Regina. To impress her, Bat decided to do something daring during practice, to put his head inside Léon's mouth. When he did, however, Léon bit down with a weird look on his face, almost as if he was smiling.
After talking, Moe will add pepper to his burgers. Maya sneezes as a result. Moe tells you that Bat always loved teasing Regina with pepper. This may sound trivial now, but it will be a vital clue to this case.
Move to Acro's Room.
Acro's Room (2)
You see Acro there. Present Maya's Magatama.
Acro's Psyche-Lock: About the Wheelchair
Talk to Acro again:
- Wheelchair: Acro will confess that Léon broke his legs six months ago. Bat wanted to take Regina out, so he dared to put his head inside the lion's mouth to impress her. He did so and since then, Acro visited the hospital now and then, waiting for Bat's eyes to reopen.
- Regina and Bat: Both Regina and Bat were great friends. On the day of the incident, Regina gave Bat a present, a scarf. It looks like it is covered in blood. Acro says Léon was smiling when he attacked. It looks like Moe was right.
It looks like you could keep the seemingly vital scarf, but von Karma suddenly appears and, hearing every word, takes it away from you. She also mentions that Acro will be on the witness stand tomorrow.
This concludes today's investigation. Do you think you have a chance against von Karma now that she took an important looking piece of evidence from you?