Super Mario 64/Bob-omb Battlefield
- Location: First floor. At the start of the game, you will see some doors that you cannot open, but luckily there is one with an unmarked star on it. Enter the door and jump into the painting.
- Description: A battlefield with Goombas, Bob-ombs, and the Big Bob-omb.
- Bob-omb Buddy: At the start of the course, you will see two Bob-omb Buddies. After getting the first star, the Bob-omb Buddy next to the cannon will activate all the cannons for you.
Bob-omb Battlefield is the first course in the game. When you enter Peach's Castle go left up the small stairs and through the door. Jump through the painting straight ahead.
 Star 1: Big Bob-omb On The Summit
To get this star, you must climb to the top of the mountain and battle King Bob-Omb. Start by going up the bridge, then take a sharp turn left. Go past the Chain Chomp, then cross another bridge, then go right. Run up the grassy incline, then walk countercockwise around the mountain until you get up to the summit. Here you will meet the Big Bob-Omb.
To defeat this boss, run around behind him, grab him, pick him up, and throw him three times. He will attempt to do the same to you, so beware. For your victory, King Bob-omb will give you a well-deserved star!
NOTE: King Bob-omb will only take damage if you throw him to the ground on the summit. Throwing him off of the summit inflicts no damage.
 Star 2: Footrace With Koopa The Quick
Koopa the Quick is found near the first bridge. Talk to him and he will challenge you to a race to the top of the hill. Beat his time of 90 seconds and he will give you a star. Using the cannons or the Wing Cap is considered cheating, so follow these tips to beat him:
- Long jump when possible
- Use the warp in the first set of flowers
- Use the warp in the first alcove
 Star 3: Shoot To The Island In The Sky
Talk to the Bob-omb Buddy (the Pink Bob-omb) and he will open the cannon. Jump into the cannon then shoot yourself out without aiming. You should land at the tall white cannon. Jump into this cannon and aim a little above the tree on the floating island. Shoot yourself out and you should hit the tree, thus remaining on top of the island. Alternatively, you could use the cannon on the side of the mountain. Make sure you aim yourself toward the tree so that you do not hit and island and skip off. There is a "!" box on the floating island that contains a star.
This star is absent in the DS remake.
 Star 3: 5 Silver Stars! (Nintendo DS)
To make the star appear, collect the five silver stars (which are shown on the map). To make things easier, we've given the exact locations.
- On top of the tree near the first bridge.
- Behind the Chain Chomp, which is running loose around the field.
- Near the area with the four wooden posts, there is a Goomba with the star. Kill the Goomba to release the star.
- In one of the flower fields.
- A Goomba near the block with a mushroom has the last one.
The star is near where you start.
 Star 4: Find The 8 Red Coins
There are eight red coins to find in this course. You must have unlocked the cannon to do this.
- For the first coin, go straight and to the left and jump onto the moving platforms. At the top is the first red coin. Note that the platforms flip over at the top: Jump up before it flips.
- On your left is a Chain Chomp. Trace his chain back and you'll find a pole with a red coin on top. Wait outside of the chain chomp's reach until he's lunged at you, then run past and grab the coin.
- The next coin is located in the field to your right. There are two rocky outcroppings. The farther one has the coin on top of it. Run up the side to acquire it.
- Fourth is on top of the Floating Island. Use the cannon on top of the other rock to shoot up. Aiming straight up will drop you right on top. The red coin is above the tree.
- Hop into the cannon and aim yourself over the mountain, slightly to the left. You should end up in a grassy plain, with the mountain trail nearby. Shortly up the trail, there should be a split: off to one side is a slide with a red coin on the way down. This coin may take several tries: It may help to jump out onto the slide. Or, start at the bottom of the incline and run up to it WITHOUT JUMPING. If you fail, take the mountain path back up around.
- After sliding down the grassy incline where you got the previous red coin go through the silver gated fence and jump down into the trench on your right where you will find another coin.
- Moving on, right through the gate is a small bridge. Drop down onto the RIGHT side (looking out towards the field), and in the alcove is a coin, a switch, and a life. Grab the coin and one up!
- Backtrack to the field with the four posts. In this field are the last two coins, as well as the star shadow that marks where the star will appear.
This star was moved to Star 6 in the DS remake.
 Star 4: Big Bob-omb's Revenge (Nintendo DS)
To beat this level you have to go to the place where you first beat King Bob-omb. To beat him, you have to sneak behind him and grab his back by pressing the punch button (keep in mind that you have to be Mario to do this). Do not throw him off the cliff, because it doesn't harm him. Throw him to the ground three times to kill him.
 Star 5: Mario Wings To The Sky
To get this star, you must first shoot yourself, via the cannon, up to the island in the sky. If you've completed the Tower of the Wing Cap, there will be a red exclamation point box with a wing cap inside. Grab the cap and hop into the cannon on the island. Aim for the rings of coins, and if you get the center coin from each of the five rings, a star will appear in the field below.
Alternatively, you can get this star without using a wing cap. It requires at least three cannon shots to be done, however.
- The first shot should be aimed at the center coin in the coin ring, this should lead you on a ballistic trajectory that will grab the first three coins.
- Aim the second shot at the top coin in the ring, this arc will get the fourth coin that you need.
- The final shot is harder to aim. It should be aimed horizontally where the center coins were, but pointed high enough so that the top two coins in what remains of the ring are just outside the cannon's circular field of view. Alternatively, after jumping in this cannon, do not move. Simply fire in the direction it points and you will get the coin.
 Star 6: Behind Chain Chomp's Gate
From the start of the level, go over the bridge and run towards the large chain chomp. Ground stomp on the pole holding the chomp there three times, and the chomp will runaway after smashing the gate in front of the star. Just walk over and jump at the star to obtain it.
This star was moved to Star 7 in the DS remake.
 Star 7: Get 100 Coins
As with every course in the game, collecting 100 coins earns a star. In this course, you need to collect nearly every coin, so look everywhere! There are a total of 146 coins in the battlefield that you can find. Places to find coins:
- Red Coins
- Defeating every black Bob-omb and Goomba will give 23 coins
- The trail up the mountain has many coins
- The rings off of the floating island have 45 coins total
- The koopa near the start will give five coins
- Running around all four posts in the field will give a total of 20 coins
Be careful: if your 100th coin comes from one of the rings off of the floating island, the star will be in mid air and you will have to fly into it, which is much more difficult to get that one on the ground. Get all the coins from up there FIRST to avoid this.
 List of Coins
The following is a list of all 146 coins that can be found in this level.
- Yellow Coins — 125 coins
- Breakable boxes (3 coins)
- Throwable boxes (6 coins)
- Twelve Bob-ombs (12 coins)
- Eleven Goombas (11 coins)
- Coins under wooden bridge (5 coins)
- Running around all five posts, including Chain Chomp's (25 coins)
- Coins around flowerbed (8 coins)
- Coins next to water cannon (5 coins)
- Coins next to cannon on mountainside (5 coins)
- Coins in the sky (45 coins)
- Red Coins — 16 coins
- Eight red coins (16 coins)
- Blue Coins — 5 coins
- One Koopa Troopa (5 coins)
 1up Locations
The following is a list of where to find all three green mushrooms in Bob-omb Battlefield.
- In a tree next to the cannon by the Koopa Troopa.
- Get the coins surrounding the flower bed across from the tilting bridge.
- Next to the "!" switch that opens the gate by the falling cannonballs.