Jump to navigation Jump to search
Careful tactics should be used to be successful in combat. Keep these things in mind:
- Use crouching and prone stances wherever possible.
- Spread out so that your team won't get blasted to pieces by a single errant grenade. Don't spread out so much that your mercs become vulnerable individually.
- Keep your mercs aligned within view of each other to maximize combat interrupts.
- Wear suitable vision gear for day and night conditions.
- Stay out of lamp-light; stick to the shadows, as well as near walls.
- Try to create an intersecting crossfire so that soldiers running in one direction are interrupted from the other. This is called an enfilading field of fire.
- Avoid being exposed around corners.
- In JA2 1.13, use pistols for shorter ranges where longer weapons become ineffective.
- Fire from the rear. Try and ensure your guys in front remain undetected.
- Take cover and use grenades when enemy soldiers bunch up.
- Use breaklights to your advantage. Soldiers will try to move around them in order to avoid the light; and two breaklights can create a bottleneck to funnel enemies exactly where you would like them.
- If you can't find the door, make one yourself - explosives are your friend!