Welcome to StrategyWiki!
Hello Catheryne! Welcome to StrategyWiki. Thank you for your contributions. If you have any questions, just contact a sysop through their talk page or post on the staff lounge, and they'd be happy to help. If you need help editing, check the StrategyWiki Guide or visit the IRC channel to chat, we're usually around. On the other hand, if you have ideas for StrategyWiki, bring them up on the forums. To keep up-to-date with the goings on of the wiki, consider to your watchlist.
Please remember to sign your name when leaving comments on talk pages by clicking or using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Feel free to delete this message from your talk page if you like, or keep it for reference. Happy editing! — Procyon 19:31, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
Your test edit on Urban_Rivals worked and has been reverted. If you wish to test out the system and wiki markup, please use the sandbox instead. Thanks for understanding! — Procyon 19:31, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- We do not allow linking to sites whose content belongs on SW as it just discourages people from adding info to this site. We'll look into incorporating the contents of your site to SW if there is sufficient community interest. Thanks. Procyon 19:31, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
Ranked #1 fan site
- I understand, but the purpose of this site is to be a one-stop reference for all walkthrough and strategy content about a game, not a link farm to other resources that Google can just as easily provide. We certainly welcome the inclusion of your site's content on this site, and we can help you with that, but beyond that, any other content is considered out-of-scope. Procyon 19:44, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
"... the purpose of this site is to be a one-stop reference for all walkthrough and strategy content about a game ..." Good luck with that. Catheryne 19:47, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- I'm simply going to assume you weren't being sarcastic and thank you. You seem reluctant to help us out. Any particular reason why? Procyon 19:57, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
You're welcome. :-) I'm reluctant to help out because the information you seek to list here for Urban Rivals is already covered extensively in the site I listed, as well as in http://urban-rivals.wikia.com/wiki/Urban_Rivals_Wiki. In other words, I think you will need a lot of work in order to catch up with these resources that already exist. P.S. I love your handling of my response. ;-) Catheryne 20:00, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- You're absolutely right, we will need a lot of work to catch up to them, but that's certainly no reason not to try. We have a goal at SW, and we're going to chase it no matter how long it takes, or how uphill the battle is. We get a lot of apathetic spammers on the site who are just looking for a free SEO boost, and it's difficult to differentiate good intentions from indifference. You don't appear to fall into the latter category, and it makes me more inclined to help you out. Let me check with one of the other admins and see what we can come up with. Procyon 20:08, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
Mostly I'm trying to point people to a useful resource (that I admittedly did create), but I can understand your position. My philosophy in editing your page was that if people find the game here, they have an easy way to get more information about it until more is entered in your site. Sadly I won't be helping to fill out the Urban Rivals section here given my other projects, but hopefully people will at some point. Long databases, tips, guides, and strategy. ;-) Catheryne 20:12, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- I've started a discussion about the matter over here. It will take some time before there are responses, but feel free to weigh in with your thoughts once the discussion gets rolling. Procyon 20:22, 22 March 2012 (UTC)