From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
- Collect the Heart Frame below the Medusa, taking care not to
step into its line of sight.
- Collect the three Heart Frames that lie near the top of the
room, above the Gol.
- Walk to the right wall. Push the lower right Emerald Frame up
two spaces. Then move one space to the left and push the upper left
Emerald Frame up two spaces. Pick up the last Heart Frame, and you
will earn the Hammer power.
- On your way back down, push the lowest Emerald Frame down two
spaces, left three spaces, up one space, and slide it below the Gol
so it can't burn you with a fireball.
- Then walk up and stand to the left of the Emerald Frame above
you. Push it left to the column of boulders, then push it up four
spaces so that it stops one space shy of the wall above. Then walk
around to its right side and push it left one space.
- Walk to the left and use the hammer on the lowest of three
boulders to the left of the Medusa. Walk up and push the Emerald
Frame along the top wall all the way to the right. Then come down
one space, and push the Emerald Frame on your left all the way to
the left. Push it down one space, and then slide it in below the
- Collect the key.
- Collect the Heart Frame in the upper right corner. Staying on
the right side of the room, push the Emerald Frame above and below
the chest one space to the left. Then push the middle frame
- Standing on the chest, push the Emerald Frame down three
spaces. Then return to the chest and push the frame on your left
two spaces to the left, then down to the trees below. Push the two
frames on either side of you over to the Medusas. Collect the Heart
Frame in the upper left corner.
- Come to the center and collect the top three Heart Frames, but
leave the last one since the Medusas will kill you if you take it.
Do head down the alleys to the left and right to collect both Heart
Frames between the Medusas.
- Stand between the two lower Emerald Frames, and push them both
one space away from the middle. Walk up to the chest, and push of
the Emerald Frame on either side of the chest into the middle and
then down to the Heart Frame below. Then push it to one side and
then down. Then come back to the chest and do the same thing with
the other Emerald Frame and deposit it on the opposite side of the
- Now you can collect the Heart Frame and head back up to get the
key. Run straight up the center, and you should be able to avoid
the Gols' fireballs.
- Push the lowest Emerald Frame up one space, but leave the
lowest Heart Frame alone for now.
- Collect the two other Heart Frames on the left. Then stand
below the lower Emerald Frame on the left, and push it up three
- Walk over to the Emerlad Frame on the right, and push it up one
space below another frame. Then come back to the frame in the
middle and push it up exactly two and a half spaces so that it
stops halfway between the boulder and the Medusa above.
- Come back to the left side of the Emerald Frame you previously
pushed up, and push it left one space. Then push the highest
Emerald Frame up exactly two and a half spaces, so that it sits in
between both the top Medusa on the right and the treasure chest on
- Head down and collect the last Heart Frame. The Gols will wake
up, but you should be able to move quickly enough up the screen and
between the two Emerald Frames at the top to reach the key before
they can hurt you with their fireballs.
- Walk counter-clockwise around the outer edge of the room until
you reach the upper left corner populated by the four Emerald
- Push two of the frames above and to the left of the Medusa.
Collect the Heart Frames above the Medusa first, and then to the
left of the Medusa.
- Walk back around the outer edge of the room and return to the
Emerald Frames. Push one frame over to the left arrow tile between
the Medusa and the Skull. Push the last frame down through the down
arrow tile closest to the Medusa until it is even with the right
arrow tile. Then walk below it, push it back up one space, and
slide it below the Medusa. Do not pick up the bottom Heart Frame
- Walk arounf the outer edge until you are close to the Skull,
and push the Emerald Frame down to the right of the Medusa. Collect
the right Heart Frame, and then walk around the Medusa to collect
the bottom Heart Frame. You should have plenty of time to reach the
key before the Skull has a chance to get close to you.
- This stage is easier than it first appears. Start by running up
to the top, and collecting two of the Heart Frames along the top
wall. Stand above the Emerald Frame that lies directly above the
only down arrow tile and push it through to the trees.
- Very carefully push this Emerald Frame to the left, watching
out when the right Don Medusa rises high enough to see you (walk up
to get out of its line of sight before continuing.) Push the frame
all the way to the wall, collect the left Heart Frame, and push the
Emerald Frame down, trapping the left Don Medusa in. Again,
remember to watch out for the right Don Medusa as you do this.
- Walk back up to the top, collect the last Heart Frame along the
top, and walk to the right. Stand above the right Emerald Frame
near the top, and push it down until it's sitting on top of the up
arrow tile. Then push the Emerald Frame to your left over one space
so that it's above the down arrow. Walk around and push this Frame
down to the trees below.
- Push this frame all the way over to the right, collect the
nearby Heart Frame, and then push the Emerald Frame all the way
down, trapping the right Don Medusa.
- Walk up through the right up arrow tile, and push the nearby
Emerald Frame to the left until it's above the down arrow tile.
Push it down to the trees, left one space, and then down until it
is one space above the Medusa (in the same row as the trapped Don
- Walk back up and push the center Emerald Frame near the top
through the down arrow tile, down to the trees, to the right three
spaces, and then down to the same row as the previous Emerald
Frame. With both frames in place, you can push them outward until
each one lies above either Medusa.
- Walk up through the left up arrow tile, push the Emerald Frame
to the right two spaces, and then back to the left one space. Push
it down through the arrow tile, left one space, and then all the
way down to the bottom wall.
- Push the Emerald Frame resting on the up arrow tile up one
space. Then walk back down and come up through the right up arrow
tile, and push the frame above the down arrow tile. Push it down to
the trees, over to the right three spaces, and down to the wall
below. You should now be able to collect all of the remaining Heart
Frames and the key without being seen by any of the Medusas or Don
The 'X's on the map indicate the final positions of the emerald