Command & Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour/Laser
General "Pinpoint" Townes has capitalized on the USA's technological superiority with the use of lasers in his general strategy. It could be argued that of the three USA generals, Laser differs least in build from the base faction. However, his tempting tactical advantages can lead to misuse of his army, and open up his one true weakness: his power dependency.
 Army Modification
- Crusader and Paladin Tanks are replaced with Laser Tanks (requires 1 unit of power per tank)
- Patriot Missiles Turrets are replaced with Laser Turrets (requires 5 units of power instead of 3 per turret)
- Avengers cost less ($1500)
- No Tomahawks are available
- Cold Fusion Reactors produce 8 units of power instead of 5 (can be later upgraded to 16 with Control Rod upgrade)
 Army Unit
- Laser Tank - Fires a intense beam of laser at the enemy, which can make short work of them within seconds. The weakness of them, however, are their slow firing-rate, and their dependency on power. Each Laser Tank costs 1 unit of power and become inactive if the power level is not maintained, making the mass production of it difficult.
 Army Structures
- Laser Turret - Although it requires a significant amount of power, the Laser Turret can cut down ground and air units with efficiency by dealing heavy damage upon enemy forces. A few Laser Turrets guarding a choke point is an almost impenetrable defense, saving artillery units.
 Build Orders
- Power Hungry
- Dozer 1: Reactor>Reactor>Reactor...
- Dozer 2: Barracks>Supply>Supply2
- Dozer 3: Reactor>Reactor>Reactor...
- Dozer 4: War Factory>Strat Ctr> Supply Drop...
- Dozer 5: Defence Structures
This is not the most ideal strategy, but you won't have to worry too much about power. This particular faction (in vanilla) is the dullest faction, as it does not have as much "flamboyance" as other factions. The lack of artillery is a great setback as well, as it means that you will have to devote thousands of resources to head-on attacks. This can be compensated with airforce, but the inconvenience can be quite annoying at times.