The characters in Castlevania III:
Trevor Belmont, the hero
Trevor (Ralph in the original game) is the Belmont who takes up the Vampire Killer and pursues Dracula 100 years before Simon.
- His whip, the Vampire Killer, is stronger than most other weapons when powered up.
- He is tougher than Grant and Sypha due to his armor and loses less health per hit.
- Can use the holy weapons.
- Holy Water
Grant Danasty, acrobat
Known as Grant Danusty in the ending credits. He was a pirate seeking revenge on Dracula for murdering his family.
- He can climb on walls and ceiling.
- He's the fastest character and he can jumper higher than the others.
- When walking off of a platform, Grant's falling direction can be adjusted. All others will simply fall straight down like a brick.
- He's not as well protected as Trevor and will sustain one more point of damage per hit vs. Trevor.
- He wields a short dagger with fast attacking speed but short range in English versions. In Japanese version, his main weapon is a throwing Dagger without cost.
- Dagger (English versions only)
Sypha Belnades, vampire hunter
Known as Syfa Velnumdes in the ending credits. She is a sorceress and vampire hunter by trade, caught by Dracula's forces and turned into a statue.
- Can cast unique and powerful magic by means of spellbooks.
- Her main weapon, a staff, has short range but fast attack speed.
- She's not as well protected as Trevor and will sustain one more point of damage per hit vs. Trevor.
- Flame: a powerful attack with limited range.
- Thunder: three spheres homing onto the enemies.
- Ice: any enemy around her is frozen and can be easily crashed, also works on Blood Skeletons and water flows.
Alucard alias Adrian Tepes, Dracula's son
The dhampir (half-vampire) bastard son of Dracula who seeks to challenge his evil father.
- Hellfire: Alucard shoots up to three fireballs
- Bat shapeshift: Alucard turns into a flying bat that can access areas otherwise hard to reach. This will drain hearts as long as he is in bat form.
- His vampire blood gives him natural resistance to damage. He is the equal of Trevor in this regard.