This page needs to be wikified It needs to be re-written with wikimarkup and laid out correctly according to the editing guidelines. If you can wikify this page, please talk page., or help by discussing possible changes on the
The controls consist of an 8-way joystick and two buttons, JUMP and ATTACK. These can be used in various combinations to execute different maneuvers and attacks.
- Joystick: Move.
- If unarmed: Punch/Kick.
- If armed: Use weapon.
- If container is nearby: Smash it open.
- If item or weapon is lying nearby: Pick it up. If the player is holding a weapon, he can exchange it for a different one on the ground.
- Jump: Jump. Can be done while moving.
- (Guy only) Jump toward a wall, then push the joystick in the opposite direction upon touching it to bounce off.
- Jump, then Attack: Flying kick (Guy, Cody) or dropkick (Haggar). Can be done while moving.
- Jump, then hold Down + Attack together: Flying knee kick (Guy, Cody) or splash (Haggar).
- Jump + Attack together: Deathblow. This is a spinning attack (spin kick for Guy/Cody, clothesline for Haggar) that will knock down all enemies in the vicinity. However, it also drains some of the player's health.
- Push joystick toward enemy while standing very close: Grab enemy. Different attacks can now be done:
- Attack: Knee to face (Guy, Cody) or headbutt (Haggar).
- Push joystick left or right, then Attack: Throw enemy (Guy, Cody) or perform back suplex (Haggar).
- (Haggar only) While holding an enemy, jump and then press Attack to perform a flying pile driver.