I am suggesting that this page be split back up into Pokémon Gold and Silver and Pokémon Crystal. Gold and Silver were released together as the same game. However, Crystal was released separately as a "More complete version". As we have done with the whole set of Street Fighter II games, they should each have their own pages. -- Prod (Talk) 12:34, 8 February 2007 (CST)
- Hi Prod. While I understand your reasoning behind this decision, I have to object. And I do so largely because I have been considering tackling these long neglected guides, so I have been thinking about how best to arrange them. The reason things worked with Street Fighter II so well was because each version built on the other, so that there was one common page, and a set of addendum. However, with P:GS and P:C, roughly 90% of the material is identical between all three versions. Therefore, the walkthrough provided for GS would be 100% applicable to C, and something akin to the Heart Piece or Skulltella boxes in the LoZ:OoT guides in order to present material that is unique to C. In fact, I am so convinced that this is the proper way to go, that I would even go so far as to recommend the same treatment be given to Red/Blue and Yellow (that is, they should be merged to one guide, with side bars informing players of any unique yellow features throughout the guide.)
- At the very least, I can see having two separate front pages, one for P:GS and one for P:C, but the walkthrough that they both point to should be the same. Perhaps that is all that you intended Prod, but I wasn't certain so I figured I'd spell it out. Let me know how you feel about this. Procyon 13:32, 8 February 2007 (CST)
- Heh, yea, that's actually what I meant :P. We have the |parent attribute already ready :D. So, I'm suggesting we keep all the info under Pokémon Gold and Silver, and use |parent=Pokémon Gold and Silver on the crystal main page. This discussion kinda applies to Red and Blue/Yellow (Green?), Gold and Silver/Crystal, and Diamond and Pearl/Emerald. Also I guess they should also have the |onepage=true since those pages should only really have the list of changes. The specific changes in the walkthroughs for each game can be put within the guides. -- Prod (Talk) 13:40, 8 February 2007 (CST)
Possible glitches showing up
Something is going wrang with the site. when i was completing the list of moves, i went to save it, and for some unknown reason, it logged me out, and as a result, all that was working on was deleted in the procees. that took me the whole day, and im not going to do it again(at least not for a while). so can somebody do it for me, please?(And watch out for that glitch!) thanx in advance. Goodbye, God Bless.Halosonic 13:47, 15 June 2007 (CDT)
- The cookie that stores the login information probably got deleted for some reason. Also, we've decided to have a central list of moves (probably here, but a name hasn't been decided yet). As for the edit not going through, I have no idea. Try asking one of our server admins for an explanation. --Safety Skizzerz Talk · Contribs · Spel Chek™ · VFG · RTFM 14:11, 15 June 2007 (CDT)
- It happens if you're inactive for a long time for me, have a page on your watchlist or recent changes stops it (I think) and you can always use the back button, I'll do the edit now.--Rocky (Talk - Contributions) 16:01, 15 June 2007 (CDT)
- Done, thanks to notepad, whenever I do something big, I copy and paste it to notepad as a backup and the site was down for a bit.--Rocky (Talk - Contributions) 16:31, 15 June 2007 (CDT)
Special characters/image for reference
This was noted on a page in an html comment; moved here.
I don't understand why when I was looking at the RBY walkthrough, there was so many pictures and information that made walking through so easy, but this walkthrough is so little in comparison. Rather than have pictures to show how to do things, such as travel through the ice cave, there's an explanation of how to do it. That relys on the reader to understand what they're reading and the writer to be able to explain effectively, which I think for me neither are happening. In my opinion, pictures for the places should be added and the information should be more complete. In the ice cave, I caught a Pilloswine and I didn't see it on the list of pokemon encounters. Also, the Burned Tower picture looks completely different than in my silver version(that might be different between Gold and Silver). I just feel that there needs to be a lot more added. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) .
- These guides were written by different people. We rely on people like you to create the guides and/or make them better. Feel free to jump in and improve things. No one here is paid, so there's no one to blame. In time it will become as good as the RBY guide. Also, on the main page there's a little icon with three red squares next to the header nav (below the page title). This indicates that the guide is fairly good and may get you through the game, but we don't consider it complete. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 17:24, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
I own the old Versus Books guides for both Gold/Silver and Crystal. The walkthrough on this site is almost a perfect word for word copy of these guides. Source material, I'm assuming? :) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) .