i was kinda wondering how you got the maps you made for ff1. did you have a program or something or did you pull them out of a guide? if you had a program could you let me know what it was? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Tjdoomsalyer (talk • contribs) .
Just wanted to make sure you know how much we appreciate the good work you're currently doing. Feel free to move this thank you box to your user page, or wherever else you want it, and keep up the good work! :-D --DrBob (talk) 16:44, 26 January 2008 (CST)
Hi Koweja. I was just curious if you were planning on working on all of the Castlevania titles, or if you were just aiming to turn all of the red links blue. Purely curiosity on my part. By the way, you've done a fantastic job on the Circle of the Moon guide. I think when you feel that it is complete, you should nominate it as a featured guide. I would definitely vote for it. Keep up the great work. Procyon (Talk) 19:11, 31 January 2008 (CST)
- Congratulations! You have been promoted to the position of sysop! Remember, with great power comes great responsibility. Oooooooooooooh... ^_^ Procyon (Talk) 20:56, 8 March 2008 (CST)
Hey Koweja. Thanks for your help with DW, that's really cool that you put that much effort into it. I am totally going to support your CV guide. I just want to take the time and look at every page so that I can say I looked at it completely before supporting it ;) And we should be promoting you to sysop shortly. See if you can attend the staff meeting on the IRC this Saturday at 2pm EST. Procyon (Talk) 21:19, 6 March 2008 (CST)
- Hi again. I had some formatting suggestions for you based on what I've seen in the Circle of the Moon guide, and more recently in the Castlevania II article. I like the way you compartmentalize many of the basics of the game, but I worry that it might be a little confusing for the reader to follow with all the redirecting links. If I were to propose a change for you, I would recommend that you move the Story section in Getting Started to the front page, which is where we typically include it (between the Continue Nav and the ToC, which is why Prod added the "Jump to the ToC" link in the Continue Nav), and include the controls directly on the Getting Started page. It really doesn't matter how big that page gets, and there are other things about the game (such as the Day/Night system) that can be put on separate pages under the Getting Started header in the ToC. This is purely in an effort to simply the process of helping the reader find the information he or she is looking for. Lemme know what you think. If you're comfortable with me making those edits for you, I would be happy to. Cya. Procyon (Talk) 16:43, 7 March 2008 (CST)
- I'm totally sorry. I noticed more things, and it's kind of bugging me. With all due respect, I'm going to edit those issues, and if you don't like what I've done, then by all means, revert it back. But try to give some of it consideration, and maybe we can come up with a compromise. Thanks man. Procyon (Talk) 16:45, 7 March 2008 (CST)
Hi Koweja. Would you like me to enhance the CV2 sprites in any manner? I could do it like I did with the Super Mario Bros. enemies, or I could do something more like the Metroid/Enemies (
not sure if I can animate them all, but I can always try). I'm just not a fan of straight 1:1 pixel dumps cuz they look so small and puny. Let me know what you think. Thanks! Procyon (Talk) 18:22, 9 March 2008 (CDT)
Hi Koweja. I just wanted to say, I know that Castlevania is your first love, but you are welcome to revisit any of the guides I've started. I don't always agree with every decision you make, but the attention to detail that you're so remarkable at has enhanced the CV1 guide 100% beyond what I worked on. I tend to go for a less-is-more approach, but it's hard to argue that what you've contributed to the guide hasn't completely improved upon it in every way. Thanks so much for your efforts. Procyon (Talk) 15:29, 13 April 2008 (CDT)
- No, I must have screwed up the description. The Boomerang is more effective against the first form, but the water is more effective against the second form. And my advise was, if you have holy water with triple shot, do NOT pick up the boomerang, because the benefit of having triple Holy Water against the second form is much more valuable than having the boomerang against the first form, since you can beat the first form with just the whip just as easily. Procyon (Talk) 17:41, 13 April 2008 (CDT)
- No, everything looks really good man. There's nothing that I disagree with so strongly that I would change anything. You really enhanced the entire guide. I don't know anything more second quest than what you wrote. I am aware that there are additional hidden treasures in some stages, but I'm not familiar with where they are. Procyon (Talk) 09:18, 15 April 2008 (CDT)
Hi. I've just gone through and proofread (although not exhaustively) the CCotM guide, and made a few small cleanups. If you can address the issues with the DSS page, I think we should be all set to finally promote the guide to CL5! --DrBob (talk) 11:34, 8 May 2008 (CDT)
- Hi Koweja. This is just a suggestion, so feel free to ignore it if you don't want to bother, but I have often found that shrinking maps in 50% in either direction can help a lot. It helps the maps fit better on the page, and 50% is just enough so that you can still tell what everything is. That is, players will recognize the features on shrunken map just as well as they do on their screen. Of course, you'll want to use some kind of linear or cubic interpolation to keep it smooth. Just my $0.02 and what I ended up doing with Dragon Warrior. I'll be working on Dragon Warrior II in about one or two months from now. Procyon (Talk) 15:05, 13 July 2008 (CDT)
Just a heads up; I'm changing some of your DW3 articles
I wanted to tell you this, so that if you disagreed with anything I did, that we could talk about it. Mainly, I'm focusing on the suggested strategies, suggest parties, suggested personalities, and other various things related to the gameplay tips you give. Guys like "1whoistornapart", "slartifier", and others have learned a lot about this game since 2008; so I was thinking I update these pages accordingly.
But, on the other hand, you were the one who originally worked on this guide before I came along. I would feel bad if I continued messing with things without your approval. So get back to me if you're interested, alright? Thanks so much :) !