Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen/Catching Pokémon
To catch Pokémon, you need to have Poké Balls. To get them go to the Poké Mart or you can find Poké Balls on your way. Enter the Grass to battle a wild Pokémon. Weaken it down first, then select Bag when it's your turn again. Next, select Poké Balls and select Use. Then a Poké Ball will come flying out of the ball. If it captures it will no longer shake. However, it will break free if it does not capture.
- Does not shake: It might need a lot of weakening to capturing.
- Shakes once: You're on the right path, you could make it on a status problem.
- Shakes twice: Getting better, it could get captured with a better ball.
- Shakes three times: Almost! It might need Attracting, so it hardly attacks you.
- Shakes three times and does not shake again, followed by a clicking lock: You captured the Pokémon!
"Will you give a nickname" will come up. Click on Yes if you want to, otherwise go underneath and say No. If you want a different nickname, go to the name rater's house in Goldenrod City.