Jump to navigation Jump to search
These Cheats & Tips are for Sega Genesis version.
- Round Select: On the main menu hold Up+B on Controller 1 and enter Options. A round select option will appear at the bottom giving you a choice up to Round 6. This option also enables you to play from Round 6 on Easy difficulty (as the game ends normally if you get to the end of Round 5 on Easy).
- 9 lives per continue: Enter Options and highlight Lives. Press Up + A + B + C on Controller 2 and Right on Controller 1. You may now select up to 9 lives per continue instead of just 5.
- Play as same characters in 2 Player: On the menu sceen hold Down+C on Controller 2 and select 2 Player. You should hear a sound to show the cheat has worked.
- At the end of Stage 2-1 when you fight Roo and Bruce make sure you defeat Bruce without killing Roo. Roo will then be "set free", and will be available to select on the next continue.
- To play as Roo from the beginning, on the title screen hold Up+B on Controller 1 and press Start. Roo will now be available on the character selection screen before the game starts.
- Alternatively, enter the GG code MAWA-ALT0 to begin the game as Roo.
- After beating Shiva at the end of Stage 1, hold B until the next stage starts. He will then be available to select on the next continue.
- Alternatively, enter the GG code MAWA-AAJ0 to begin the game Shiva.
- Unstoppable Shiva combo: Shiva is capable of hitting punks (excluding Goldie, Fabio and all bosses except for Jet) until they die by pressing Z without stopping.
- (Bare Knuckle 3 only) After beating Ash at the end of Stage 1-2, hold A until the next scene. He will then be available to select on the next continue.
- Alternatively, enter the GG code BAWA-AAA0 to begin the game as Ash.
Three of the game's normal characters have "super" versions, that have highly upgraded attack sequences dealing massive amounts of damage.
Axel has two "super" forms, one with an upgraded special attack, and the other with an upgraded combo attack as well.
- To play as Axel with an upgraded special, on the character selection screen press C to select the player. When the "Round 1 Start" appears on the screen, sweep the D-pad with quick (approx. 2 per second) clockwise circles until you are able to control Axel's movement while still sweeping for additional 2 seconds or so. Then, press A to verify that he is superpowered. To be successful, it may require a few practice runs.
- Alternatively, simply enter the PAR code FFFF20:FFFF to begin the game as Axel with both upgrades.
- To play as Super Skate, Start the game as skate and allow yourself to lose a life with zero score. When you respawn you will be Super Skate, with a new super-fast powerful combo attack.
- Alternatively enter the PAR code FFFF1E:FFFF to begin the game as Super Skate.
In the character select menu hold C on both controllers and select Zan. Or *Enter the PAR code FFFF1E:FFFF to begin the game as Super Zan, with a powerful and super-fast combo attack.
In certain places in the game bonus items are hidden behind scenery at the bottom of the screen at the bottom of the screen.
- Stage 1 Extra Life & Gold Bar: At the start of Stage 1 there is an extra life and gold bar hidden at the bottom left of the screen.
- Stage 3 Extra Life: Similarly, at the start of Stage 3 there's an extra life hidden behind the scenery on the bottom left.
- Stage 7B Gold Bars, Apple & Chicken: In Stage 7B's final boss fight with Shiva there are a number of Gold Bars hidden behind the people and cameras. There is also an apple behind the middlemost man's head (you can see the red edges of it), and a chicken behind the camera on the right.