Final Fantasy X/Auron
Auron is a close friend of Tidus in Zanarkand, yet in Spira is renowned as one of the best guardians that has ever existed, guarding the great High Summoner Braska, Yuna's father, alongside Jecht, Tidus' father. His past is an especially important one, which made him who he is during the course of the game and how he seems to know so much about what is happening and what will happen.
 Basic Fighting Style
Auron's the heavy hitter of the party, utilizing large two-handed swords for attack and bracers for defence. Auron initially (whilst going along his main section of the Sphere Grid) has the highest Strength and HP of any character, and also having fair Defence and Magical Defence. However, his largely physical nature and large weapon preference means he's slow and relatively inaccurate against faster enemies like wolves, lizards and bees, and not very skilled at using any form of magic. His MP is also quite low.
If you take on the monster arena and/or dark aeons, Auron will unfortunately not be of much use to you. This is owing to the fact that his celestial weapon does more damage the lower his health, which will not allow you to reach the same attack power as the likes of Tidus, Wakka and later on Yuna and Rikku. His overdrives, although powerful, do not do the large amounts of different hits as Tidus' and Wakka's so are not as useful in this section of the game.
 Noteable Skills
These are the main skills that Auron learns along his primary section of the Sphere Grid:
- Power Break — Inflicts damage and greatly lowers enemy Strength. (Note that all breaks count as status effects so some enemies, particularly bosses, are immune to it)
- Magic Break — Inflicts damage and greatly lowers enemy Magic. Useful against powerful spellcasting enemies.
- Armour Break — Inflicts damage and greatly lowers enemy Defence. This also nullifies armour on armoured enemies which otherwise only Piercing weapons can do normal damage against. This becomes extremely useful towards the end of the game, and speeds up many battles.
- Mental Break — Inflicts damage and greatly lowers enemy Magic Defence. Using this in conjunction with Magic Break against enemies that can heal themselves is a bad idea, since the amount spells like Curaga heal is based on the Magic of the user and Magic Defence of the target. Lowering both will result in such spells healing the same amount as before.
- Threaten — Can stop an enemy for a few turns if it is not then physically attacked.
- Guard/Sentinel — Allows user to take damage in place of other party members until his next go. Sentinel does this in a defensive stance. Auron's high HP lends to this.
- Zombie Attack — Inflicts damage and Zombie on one target (providing they're not immune to it). To exploit this, you can turn Yuna into a powerful attacker by using Life on a Zombified target, which is the equivalent of Lulu's Death spell.
- Entrust — Adds the amount in the user's overdrive meter to the intended target's meter.
Auron's overdrives do the most damage when the button sequence that appears on the screen is inputted before the allotted time is up.
 Dragon Fang
- has these button commands — , , , , , , ,
- hits all enemies for slightly more than an ordinary attack
- only hits one enemy if the button sequence is not completed
- you always have this overdrive
 Shooting Star
- has these button commands — , , , , , ,
- hits one enemy for high damage, may Eject them
- no Eject effect if button sequence is not completed
- collect 1 sphere to obtain
 Banishing Blade
- has these button commands — , , , , , ,
- hits one enemy for high damage, inflicts all four breaks (100% chance) if enemy not immune
- only inflicts one random break if button sequence is not completed
- collect 3 spheres to obtain
- has these button commands — , , , , ,
- hits all enemies for high damage twice
- only hits once if button sequence is not completed
- collect all 10 spheres to obtain
 Collecting the Spheres
The spheres only appear after you beat the boss in Macalania Woods, immediately after which you will gain your first sphere (and Auron's second overdrive). Therefore spheres listed in locations met early in the game can only be obtained later on. The spheres have a similar appearance to Al Bhed primers, and are picked up in the same way (by pressing ). When you collect a sphere you will watch a short scene from Lord Braska's pilgrimage 10 years ago, where you will find out more about Auron, Jecht and Braska. After the scene, the sphere will disappear and if you have enough one of Auron's overdrives will be unlocked.
 Sphere Locations
|Macalania — Spring||After Defeating Spherimorph|
|Besaid Village||On the right hand side of the temple|
|S.S Liki — Cabin||Board at Besaid to be able to find this room|
|Luca Stadium — Basement A||Outside Locker room|
|Mi'ihen Highroad — Oldroad||Near the chest with Mars Crest, at the end of the road|
|Mushroom Rock Road — Precipice||South of the rising platform|
|Moonflow — South Wharf||Near the shoopuf dock|
|Thunder Plains — South||Near a lightning rod/tower on the right (2nd one down from travel agency)|
|Macalania Forest — South||Go right at the entrance from Thunder Plains|
|Mt. Gagazet — Mountain Road||At a dead end from a fork outside (located somewhere between 1st and 2nd grave)|
 Celestial Weapon
Auron's Celestial Weapon is the Masamune, and is powered up by the Mars Crest, then the Mars Sigil. You need the Celestial Mirror to obtain this weapon.
 Obtaining the Weapon
First of all, head down to the valley bottom of the Calm Lands, next to the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. Instead of going inside head right along the cliff edge. A short way along you will find a statue of a Crusader with a sword stuck in the ground by it. You'll get the Rusty Sword. Now, head back to Mushroom Rock, the Djose side. Follow the path back through to the main section of Mushroom Rock, and there is a rock lift along this path. Go up it. You'll notice a similar statue here. If you have the Rusty Sword you can place it here, and doing so reveals a symbol on the wall. Interact with it using the Celestial Mirror and it will open, revealing the Masamune.
 The Mars Crest
This is at the very end of Mi'ihen Highroad's Oldroad section (where you went if the Chocobo Eater nudged you off the cliff). If you did then the chances are you probably picked it up anyway, but right at the very end is a chest containing it (and a Jecht Sphere if you're returning here after getting the Airship).
 The Mars Sigil
To obtain it you must capture 10 monsters of 10 different species in 10 different regions and after that you will receive it in Battle Arena.
 Final Outcome
When we power up the Celestial Weapon to the very limit the outcome will be:
- Weapon Effects:
- Break Damage Limit
- Triple Overdrive
- First Strike
- Yojimbo's damage can exceed 9999 limit.
- If Auron's HP is critical he does higher damage.