Final Fantasy X/Rikku
Rikku is a young Al Bhed girl introduced very early on in the game, although she is the last character to join the party properly (doing so at the Moonflow area). Her true identity as an Al Bhed remains hidden from the likes of Yevonites such as Wakka in an attempt to avoid persecution, however this fact is inevitably leaked and Wakka soon gets over the shock accepting Rikku as a valuable guardian. Rikku's father (Cid) is leader of the Al Bhed Home, and her brother (Brother) is not only the airship pilot but also an excellent Blitzball player. It should also be noted that Rikku has an intense fear of lightning (which causes a lot of problems for her at the Thunder Plains) as Brother accidentally cast a Thunder spell on her instead of a fiend when she was younger.
 Basic Fighting Style
Rikku is the thief of the party, her main skills being Steal and Use, which allow her to steal items from enemies and use items other members of the party would not ordinarily be able to respectively. Other than these 2 skills and a couple of others, Rikku is not likely to be used for much else owing to mediocre strength and magic attributes. However, the uses of stolen objects for customising weapons and armour, teaching Aeons abilities as well as being very useful for her overdrive makes Rikku a very useful character. As she joins the party a lot later than the rest of the crew, her route on the sphere grid is by far the shortest, and therefore the attribute increases are generally higher than those on the other characters' paths. It should also be noted that Rikku's grid starts with a lot of HP nodes to help get her strong enough to fight the battles she immediately finds herself in. Being a thief, Rikku is of course highly agile and excels only really in this attribute, although her accuracy and defences are serviceable.
Rikku is able to dismantle a variety of Machina enemies instantly with her Steal command, and the Use command will come in handy in many a boss fight, especially when other members may not be available. If you decide to take on the Monster Arena and/or Dark Aeons Rikku is likely to be essential for the hardest enemies in both these quests. Although both her and Yuna have sensible bonuses on their Celestial weapons, Yuna's ability to summon may attract you for a lot of the battles. However, Rikku's extremely versatile overdrive (Mix) is a necessity for some battles, especially against the Dark Aeons, and she is likely to be used in tandem with Yuna.
 Notable Skills
The skills that Rikku gains on her initial sphere grid path are detailed below:
- Steal — Steals an item from an enemy (as a rule of thumb success rate starts at 100%, and halves after each steal, although luck does affect success rate), and will instantly destroy certain Machina enemies. Enemies carry both common and rare itmes, and abilities on weapons such as Master Thief will enable only the rare items to be stolen.
- Use — Uses an item not available from the 'Item' command (often these are items stolen from enemies).
- Luck — Raises the Luck attribute of all active party members for the battle, this effect can be stacked up to 5 times.
- Spare Change — Throws gil at an enemy to damage them (damage is gil thrown divided by 10).
- Mug — Combined use of the Steal and Attack commands (steals an item and does damage).
- Bribe — If you give a monster enough money (equivalent to 20 times their HP), they will run away from the battle and leave (often a lot of) rare items behind. Note that the total you give is cumulative, so if you give a large amount and miss, just give a few gil each time until it works. As this skill will cost you a lot of money (usually around the hundreds of thousands to millions of gil), it only becomes really useful when obtaining these items for assistance in battling the monster arena creations. Therefore this skill is discussed in more detail in the Monster Arena section, along with useful fiends to bribe.
- Pilfer Gil — Steals gil from an enemy. International version only.
- Nab Gil — Combined use of the Pilfer Gil and Attack commands (steals gil and does damage). International version only.
- Quick Pockets — Uses an item, but your next turn will come up quicker — like a quick hit but with items instead of an attack. This skill is surrounded by a lot of lvl. 4 key spheres and has a high MP cost, so you may want to consider the use of a precious Master Sphere and either copycat (see below) or 1 MP cost to help you utilise it correctly. International version only.
- Copycat — The user will perform exactly the same action as the last party member (unless it was an exclusive action such as an overdrive or summon). This includes skills the user has not learnt, and will even work with doublecasts. Whatever the previous action was, it will always cost 28MP to copycat, but bear in mind that the damage is not likely to be the same due to differing attributes between characters. You cannot use this skill in the Omega Ruins.
Rikku has by far the most versatile overdrive of any character, as it allows her to combine any two items in the inventory to create a whole range of different effects. It would be impractical to list all the possible combinations here as there are so many, but below are some particularly useful examples:
|Final Phoenix||Revive all party members with full HP||Phoenix Down + Lvl.1-4 Key Sphere|
|Final Elixir||Revives party members, restores HP and MP, removes status effects||High Potion + Lvl.1-4 Key Sphere|
|Ultra NulAll||Casts all 4 nul spells and stat boosters (e.g. Cheer, Focus etc.)||Heal Spring + Musk/Hypello Potion|
|Hyper Vitality||Doubles maximum HP and casts cheer||Stamina Tonic + Potion|
|Hyper Mighty G||Casts Auto-Life, Protect, Shell, Regen and Haste on all party members||Heal Spring + Pendulum/Underdog's Secret/Amulet|
|Miracle Drink||Gives all party members a high critical hit rate||Ether + Designer Wallet|
|Trio of 9999||Each attack of all party members will hit for 9999 damage||Door to Tommorow + Door to Tommorow|
|Supernova||2 times 9999 damage (19998) to all enemies||Shining Gem + Supreme Gem|
 Celestial Weapon
Rikku's Celestial Weapon is the Godhand, and is powered up by the Mercury Crest, then the Mercury Sigil. Obtaining the weapon will require the Celestial Mirror, as will powering it up.
 Obtaining the Weapon
Type in 'GODHAND' as a password on the Airship, which will open up a new location at Mushroom Rock Road. Go there, walk to the end of the area to find the chest with the Godhand in it.
 Mercury Crest
Go to Sanubia Desert, and search in the area just before you get to Home for an alcove that contains the treasure chest. This will be fairly obvious on your mini-map, as long as you are in the correct area (there is a sandstorm, and the pits which pull you in and force you to fight a fiend).
 Mercury Sigil
In the same area as the Crest (how convenient!) examine the Cactuar glyph to start a mini-game. Once you have completed this, you will be able to get to the chest with the sigil by going to the area formerly blocked by a sandstorm. The mini-game involves you having to find all 10 Cactuars hidden in the desert, and as it is such a large place the No Encounters ability always helps (can be customised by 30 purifying salts, or weapons with the ability are dropped by the boss at Baaj Temple). Try to catch the Cactuar without it looking at you, and you will get better prizes at the end. After catching each Cactuar go back to the glyph to present the sphere you received, and after finding all 10 you will be able to get the Mercury Sigil plus another item depending on your performance. The locations of the Cactuars are:
|Tomay||At the oasis by the save point.|
|Rovivea||In an alcove in the north-west of the area after the oasis.|
|Chava||Examine the Al Bhed signs in the same area as the glyph until you find the one where he will appear from.|
|Alek||In the ruins in the north-west of the large, open area.|
|Aloja||In the ruins in the north-west of the large, open area.|
|Vachella||Hiding behind the second save point (in the tent), you must examine the save point to find the Cactuar.|
|Robeya||Found in a treasure chest in the south-west corner of the large, open area.|
|Issra||In one of the pits that sucks you in, just before Home. (You may have to leave the area and return before he appears)|
|Elio||Firstly found at the Oasis, but then moves and can be found again on the airship roof (where you fight Evrae).|
|Flaile||Automatically appears after finding the other 9 Cactuars.|
 Final Outcome
When we power up the Celestial Weapon to the very limit the outcome will be:
- Weapon Effects:
- Break Damage Limit
- Triple Overdrive
- Double AP
- Does more damage when Rikku has a higher percentage of HP remaining