Punch-Out!! (Wii)/Don Flamenco
From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
- Record: 22-3 (9 KOs)
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 152 lbs
- Age: 23
- Birthplace: Madrid, Spain
- Description: A surprisingly powerful boxer, popular with the ladies, but he has an embarrassing secret...
- KO Count 1: 2
- KO Count 2: 3
- Fast Uppercut Counter: Don pulls back to the dead-center of the ring and then almost immediately comes out with the fast uppercut.
- Delay Uppercut Counter: Don Flamenco's second reactionary right uppercut. For this one, he pulls back in similar fashion to the start of his quick uppercut but is a slightly to your left, off-center. There's a longer delay between Don's windup and eventual uppercut so it's even easier to time the counter.
- Sweeper: Roughly just after knocking down Don Flamenco for the first time, he'll pick up a third reactionary punch that he'll throw after he goads you into attacking him. Don steps back and to your right, holding his left arm out like he's holding a matador's cape while shouting, "Olé!"
- Spar Punch: His most difficult reactionary attack. For this punch, he leans to your right and claps his hands before very quickly stepping in with a straight right punch.
- Triple Sweeper: Occasionally, Don Flamenco will step to the back of the ring and clap his hands before pressing forward and launching a flurry of punches. The first three punches are left hooks which you can dodge by ducking or slipping to the left. If you duck the three hooks (or get hit by them), Don will end his flurry with a fourth punch, this one an uppercut. Though if you slip all three of the initial hooks with left dodges, Don will drop his hands to his side and quickly flash yellow.
- Burning Rave: Don gets pretty angry after the first KO count and starts a new pattern of attack.
- Delay Buster: Usually after knocking of Don's toupee, he'll start a completely new pattern of attack in which he switches between two uppercuts. This one is the slower of the two and requires no provocation from you (unlike the attacks listed above, these last two come constantly even if you don't try attacking Don). Don arcs his back sharply and says something like "Blato!" (but probably a real word) before throwing the uppercut.
- Faster Uppercut: This is the faster of the two uppercuts Don begins throwing after he gets angry. Don pulls back to the center of the ring before winging the very quick punch.