Punch-Out!! (Wii)/Mr. Sand Man
From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
- Record: 27-2 (21 KOs)
- Weight: 284 lbs
- Age: 31
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Description: The World Champion, infamous for his combination and speed and power that can KO anyone, thus his name.
- KO Count: 6
The key to making combos with Mr. Sandman is to use a face blow to stun him but to follow up with body blows.
- Left Overhead Smash: This is his quickest attack and hardest to dodge (left). But there's a pattern to it if you fight him enough.
- Delay Right Overhead Smash: He at least calls out this one by saying, "Stand still!" Dodge this one to the right.
- Left Straight: This is another of his quicker blows. He'll duck and shuffle for a bit before throwing the punch. Dodge left or duck.
- Left Sweeper: He'll move to the right and go, "Night night!" before sweeping back in. Dodge left or duck.
- Dreamland Express: If Sandman steps back and yells, "Dreamland!" get ready because he's uncorking his signature move: a series of three fast-yet-powerful uppercuts. If he nails you with them you're going down, so dodge back and forth to avoid the blows. He may fake you out once or twice by going, "Boo!" before actually punching, but the timing's the same, so you can just keep dodging.