Punch-Out!! (Wii)/Great Tiger
From StrategyWiki, the video game walkthrough and strategy guide wiki
- Record: 24-5 (3 KOs)
- Height: 5'11"
- Weight: 132 lbs
- Age: 29
- Birthplace: Mumbai, India
- Description: A turban-wearing Indian who specializes in confusing you with his teleportation tricks and illusions.
- KO Count: 3
- Straight Sucker: This is Great Tiger's first attack and it's the only punch he throws that's "easy" to defend against. Before throwing the straight jab, Tiger crosses his hands and his turban flashes either yellow or red. Most commonly it flashes yellow, which means you can counter him with a left or right jab to interrupt him and earn a star. If you're slow on the draw, your counter jab will whiff, and if his turban flashes red (instead of yellow) you will always whiff.
- Left Uppercut: There are two uppercuts to watch for when fighting Great Tiger. When he ducks to your right, Tiger will very quickly pull up with a left uppercut that's difficult to defend. Reacting to this uppercut is difficult if you don't expect it, so try mentally preparing yourself explicitly for this punch. You can either dodge to the right or counter him with a right hook to earn a star.
- Right Uppercut: Same as the Left Uppercut, but with the right hand.
- Rushing Magic: Fairly early in the fight, Great Tiger will begin unloading his secret weapon. He warps to the back of the ring, splits into two, and then comes at you with either of his uppercuts (identical to the uppercuts mentioned above). One of the Great Tigers you see is an obvious clone – it's translucent, so you know it's the fake – and is just a diversion, so try to ignore it. After switching around with the clone, the two Tigers will take turns flashing their turbans. The order of the flashing lets you know the order in which they'll move toward you. If the real Tiger flashes second, you can wait for the clone to rush toward you (no reaction necessary) and then time your counter as the real Tiger rushes in. If Tiger comes at you from your right, tag him with a right hook just as he nears you. If he comes at you from your left, tag him with a left hook to counter. If you properly time the punch, you'll knock him down in a single punch. If you focus on dodging his other attacks, you can TKO Tiger in three punches just by waiting for his teleport attack and countering accordingly.