|The Sims 2: Pets|
|Designer(s)||Hunter Howe, Charles London, Mike Darga, Lakshmi Jalapayan|
|System(s)||Windows, Mac OS X|
|Preceded by||Open for Business|
|Neoseeker Related Pages|
|Twitch||The Sims 2: Pets Channel|
The Sims 2: Pets is the fourth expansion pack in The Sims 2 series of games, as well as a stand-alone game for several consoles. It is published by Electronic Arts. Pets was officially announced on July 26, 2006 and released on October 18, 2006 in North America and via digital download, as well as on October 20, 2006 to the rest of the world, except for Australia/New Zealand, where it was released on October 26, 2006. Aspyr released a port of the game for Mac OS X on November 7, 2006. It was released for the Wii on June 13, 2007. In Australia, one Australian dollar per game sold, from at least 50,000 copies of the game, will be donated to the RSPCA. Unlike the other expansions, this game does not have a new neighbourhood. Instead, new lots (with Sims living in them) are available for placement in the existing neighborhoods
Sims are able to run pet shops if they have the Open for Business expansion pack. Among the new items with this pack is a modern phone, Atomic Age themed furniture, and items made exclusively for pets.
"Build" mode features a new tool called the "Sledgehammer," capable of deleting various items and allowing one to create diagonal roofs and rotate floor tiles. Another new addition to the Build mode is the ability to drag diagonal rectangular rooms and also to drag out octagon rooms.
Stray animals, including wolves, will occasionally wander onto lots. There is an "encyclopedia of game tips" button located in the Options menu where one can view all game tips. Also, Sims with high creativity skill points can paint art from the player's image collection.
There are many new songs that appear in the original Pop radio station from the base game (besides the originals) in this game that have been converted into Simlish:
- "Don't Cha" by the Pussycat Dolls
- "Chemicals React" by Aly & AJ
- "I Play Chicken with the Train" by Cowboy Troy
- "Girl Next Door" by Saving Jane
- "Free Radicals" by The Flaming Lips
- "Boyhunter" by Skye Sweetnam
- "The Compromise" by The Format
- "Turn Out the Light" by The New Amsterdams
- "Black Shoes" by The Films
Locales other than US English contain more songs:
- Danish: West End Girls - "Booglurbia"
- Dutch: Krezip - "Can't You be Mine"
- Finnish: Roni - "Never Coming Back"
- French: Kisha - "Sowieso"
- German: Kisha - "Sowieso", Krezip - "Can't You be Mine"
- Italian: Finley - "Run Away"
- Japanese: West End Girls - "Booglurbia"
- Korean: West End Girls - "Booglurbia"
- Norwegian: Lene Marlin - "What If"
- Russian: The Smokebreakers - "Baby Let's Dance"
- Spanish: La Oreja de Van Gogh - "Dulce Locura"
- Swedish: Lene Marlin - "What If", West End Girls - "Booglurbia"
- UK English: Finley - "Run Away", West End Girls - "Booglurbia"
These songs are not played in other locales (including US English), but they can be extracted from the game resources.
Table of Contents