Notmyhandle (talk · contribs) has been quite active on StrategyWiki for a long time, and consistently does good work and helps the existing sysops. He knows the rules, and I think he'd make a good sysop.
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here: I accept. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 00:40, 29 June 2007 (CDT)
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve StrategyWiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for participants:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with?
- A: Welcoming new users and providing them with a resource to answer questions, deleting pages, warning and banning vandals/vandalbots, and helping with more cleanup maintenance.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to StrategyWiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: Of all the guides, I've definitely spent the most time helping with Chrono Trigger; I'm "particularly pleased" because of how it has turned out, how I've been able to continue developing a comprehensive guide to its limits, and how much time and energy I've spent on it.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: The only conflict I can remember is the currently ongoing discussion of the Super Smash Bros. Melee character page and movelist layout; I find that the best way to resolve conflicts such as this is to not do anything until some agreements or a large majority vote can be reached. The only stress I've had has been from the past conflicts that arose from my behavior, or interpreted behavior (it no longer matters, please don't bring it up again ^_^ ) and through that I've been able to grow and to fit better within the StrategyWiki community. In the future, I'll be taking conflicts head on in a respectful, positive and productive way. Patience will be my weapon of choice.
- General comments
- Ah it has been a long time since I joined SW. The community has changed, grown slightly and I really like it even more than I did before. I'm glad I could be a part of this awesome project, and I'm glad my contributions have often been original and useful for the collaboration of the editors here. Thanks for the nomination DB, and thanks for your support Proc, Prod, and Rocky.
Please keep criticism constructive and polite.
- I'm sorry to disapoint your wish for humor Prod. Ahah. --Notmyhandle (talk • contribs) 10:36, 27 June 2007 (CDT)
- DrBob (talk · contribs)
- Procyon (Talk) - I'm particularly impressed with how quickly NMH has grown and matured as a writer and a contributor to the SW community in general.
- Prod (talk · contribs) - but only if his replies to the preceding questions are either comical or informative.
- Rocky (talk · contribs)
- Dukeruckley (talk · contribs) – per Proc's comments
- Garrett (talk · contribs) – A good and focussed contributor. His user page is even better than mine. :P GarrettTalk 20:46, 27 June 2007 (CDT)
- echelon (talk · contribs) - You more than deserve it! You're a great guy to have around, so I'll be glad to see you in the staff lounge where we drink coffee all day! :D 22:56, 27 June 2007 (CDT)
- Baejung92 (talk · contribs) - I may not be a sysop myself, but I think I know when I see one... I actually thought you were an admin already until I read all this!
- IsaacGS (talk · contribs) - Same here. I didn't realize that you weren't already an Admin!
- Wkkim9292 (talk · contribs) - It will be nice to see you being an admin.
- Poiuytre (talk · contribs) - I regularly see Notmyhandle on here working hard and getting the guides better. Hope he becomes Admin.
- Froglet (talk · contribs) - He isn't a sysop yet? I always got the impression that he was... ;-P Here's a way to correct a heinous wrong! NMH for Demi-Ninja! ... Er, I mean... admin... right... -Froggy
- Auto Prod Bot (talk · contribs) - For not having anything funny in your answers... But I'm just a bot so my vote doesn't count :(.