Talking & Reading
Face the direction of the person you want to talk to or sign boards, dresser, or spots you want to examine and press to collect important information. If the message is long, you'll see an arrow pointing down. Press again to flip through the messages.
- There are five options you can use to check status.
- An indicator at the top right displays the amount of Gold you are carrying.
Five reports are displayed:
- A time indicator on the right displays the total length of time you've been playing.
- MASTER is the current player.
- JOINED is the number of different monsters you've gotten to join your party.
- FARM is the number of monsters and eggs you have at the Monster Farm.
- SLEEP is the number of monsters and eggs asleep at the Monster Farm.
At the bottom of the screen you'll see the monster or monsters that are currently traveling with you and their current status.
- ??? =This monster is male.
- ???=This monster is female.
- Lv.= The overall strength level of the monster.
- ATK (Attack) - The higher this number, the more damage you can inflict on enemy monsters.
- DEF (Defence) - The higher this number, the less damage you receive.
- AGL (Agility) - The higher this number is, the higher the chance that your monsters can attack enemy monsters first, before the enemies attack.
- INT (Intelligence) - Monster's intelligence during battles
- WLD (Wildness) - The higher this number is, the higher the chance that your monsters will not obey you.
- HP (Hit Point) - Monster's health. When it reaches zero, the monster is knocked out.
- MP (Magic Point) - Monster's power to perform magic spells and special skills.
- Personality - Monster's personality.
- Species - Monster's species name.
- Family - Monster's family. When the monsters are bred, there will be a "+" value such as "+2" or "+5". The higher this number is, the stronger the new monster will be.
- Master - Monster's master
- Ex - Monster's earned Experience Points.
- Next Lv. - Number of Experience Points a monster needs to advance to the next level.
This option displays a list of items you currently carry. Select an item and press to display USE and DEL options. If you want to use an item, select USE. To throw away an item, select DEL. A description of each item appears at the bottom of the screen. Press to organise the items.
This option displays a list of magic spells and special skills that the monsters in your current party have learned. When you select a monster that has learned magic spells or special skills, a list of all the magic spells and special skills appears. All of the learned abilities will be displayed in the list, but most of the abilities can only be used during battles. A description of each skill appears at the bottom of the screen.
This option displays a list of game options you can set.
- TEXT SPD changes the speed of text displayed during battles.
- CH ORDER changes the order of monsters in your current party.
- CH PLAN changes the battle plans of each monster.
- JOURNAL records the adventure is your Journal.