You begin the level on the outside of the castle. To open the gate, you must hit the switch next to the torch on the right with either Cutrus or your sword. Keep in mind that all doors in this game must be opened with a switch.
Before you enter, you may wish to collect the S bowl in the upper left corner of the wall. To collect it, you must jump up and release Cutrus at the height of your jump, and then use him to attack the brick until the S bowl is revealed, and then use Cutrus to collect it.
- Room 1
- A soldier with a small knife comes at you. Use the Fencing strategy to take care of him, then climb the stairs and do the same to the next guard (careful, his sword is longer). He'll give you a dagger. While on this upper ledge, set Cutrus loose and have him attack the middle of the wall to the right. If he hits the right spot, the brick with the hidden item behind it will light up. Hit it again to reveal the prize. You'll find your first Clue Scroll in this block. Attack it again to take it.
- Room 2
- Quickly move to the left to avoid the bat. Keep sneaking under it to lure it down, dodge it, and attack. Jump from below the left side of the ledge with the armored knight to easily hit him without taking damage. Collect the Power Ball he drops, if you want it. Climb the half way up the long stairs and stop. Turn around and send Cutrus towards the right wall at a height slightly higher than the flame of the nearby torch. When he attacks the middle of the wall, he should find a Blue Jar.
- Room 3
- You'll find another guard with a long sword here. Fence him to death, then jump on a couple of blocks so that you're just below the upper ledge. The archer will come to you, stopping to shoot arrows every once in a while. Just wait for him to get close enough to hit. You only have to hit him once.
- Room 4
- Kill the first guard that attacks you to get the Ice Ball. Make sure you collect it! You'll need it for the boss. After the guard, send Cutrus to the wall on the right and attack the middle of it for a Blue Jar (Speed tip: If you're playing alone, the best way to attack a wall with Cutrus is to call him back to Orin between hits. This will keep him from flying all the way across the screen when all you want him to do is attack a wall). Climb the steps up to where you can stab at the next enemy's feet. Wait for him there, so he can't throw his daggers at you.
- Room 5
- Stab/avoid the flying skulls and climb up to the armored knight. You'll have to fence with this guy, since he's too smart to just walk over to the stairs. Use Cutrus on the middle of the wall here for another Blue Jar.
- Room 6
- Another long-sword solider. Deal with him, then send Cutrus to the wall on the right. Once again, attack the middle of it. You'll get the last Blue Jar (you should now have all 10 of your energy meter's blocks). Climb up the steps. The archer there will not come to you, so just run at him as fast as you can, stabbing at his arrows to try and block them. Keep your distance from the second archer so you have some room to jump over the pair of blocks in your way. Attack him on the other side of them. Drop down and take care of the next soldier, then drop into the hole in the bottom. From here, you will pass through the right sides of the rooms you have already been through.
- Room 5
- Nothing special here, just a knight with an axe.
- Room 4
- Try to block the first guard's daggers with your sword, just like with the arrows. Climb down to face a very strange character that looks like he belongs in a Tarzan movie. This guy is also special because Orin's sword does not work on him. Quickly release Cutrus and attack him with the bird. He dies with one hit.
- Room 3
- Even though you can avoid fighting the archer in the upper left, make sure you kill him anyway. He leaves a Boomerang when he dies, which you'll need later. Drop to the bottom and fence with the guard, then try some jumping attacks on the left wall for a "C" Jar.
- Room 2
- Make sure you JUMP off of the ledge you start on, instead of using the steps or simply walking off the edge to fall down. The bat on the right will hit you if you follow the stairs and if you don't jump, you'll stumble down them! The knight here is an easy kill. Climb down to leave this room and go back up again to keep fighting him. You want to fill up your item power to the top before you reach the end.
- Room 1
- Another longsword fighter and another archer. You should be used to these guys by now.
- This guy isn't that tough, as long as you have your item power full. Get out your Ice Ball and hit him with it. When he's frozen, you can get in about three sword blows. When he moves again, throw another ball right away (don't worry if you miss...the ball will roll away, bounce off the wall, and come back). If you run low on life power, climb the stairs and have Cutrus attack the wall on the right. You'll find an "S" Jar. DON'T take it using Cutrus. The only way Orin will get the power is if he takes it himself. Use the Boomerang to reach it.
Once you defeat the boss, you can collect your first jewel, you will see a cutscene that occurs after every boss battle, where you sit to have tea with the swordsman you just defeated, which is served to you by a skeleton. Write down the password before you continue.