Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Publisher(s)||MicroProse Software, Activision|
|System(s)||macOS, PlayStation, Windows|
|Expansion pack(s)||Conflicts in Civilization|
|Followed by||Civilization II: Test of Time|
|Neoseeker Related Pages|
Sid Meier's Civilization II, a.k.a. Civ II, is a turn-based strategy computer game designed by Brian Reynolds, Douglas Caspian-Kaufman and Jeff Briggs. Although it is a sequel to Sid Meier's Civilization, neither Sid Meier nor Bruce Shelley were involved in its development. Civilization II was first released in 1996 for Windows and later ported to the Sony PlayStation.
In 2002 Atari re-released the game for newer operating systems, such as Windows ME and Windows XP.
The Multiplayer Gold Edition was included in the Civilization Chronicles box set released in 2006.
Table of Contents
- American Civil War (1861 AD-1868 AD)
- Alien Invasion (sometime in the future)
- After the Apocalypse (2010 AD-2040 AD)
- Alexander the Great (335 BC-332BC)
- Jihad: The Rise of Islam (624 AD-750 AD)
- The Crusades (1050 AD-1250 AD)
- The Mongol Horde (1206 AD-1340 AD)
- Age of Discovery (1492 AD-1741 AD)
- The War of Independence (1775 AD-1785 AD)
- The Age of Napoleon (1798 AD-1820 AD)
- The Great War (WWI) (1914 AD-1920)
- World War: 1979
Best of the Net
view · editCivilization series