Waluigi Pinball is one of the more interesting tracks in MKDS – interesting in that it features characteristics that are virtually nowhere to be found in other maps, such as being able to drive down huge eminences and bump into a pinball pin. Most of the technique in this level is naturally acquired, which means you're better off practicing on the level for the Grand Prix cup, but not excessively, since Waluigi Pinball is not supported via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
For a successful run on this track, stay clear of the two giant pinballs, since you'll get knocked over and drop any items you are currently holding. When exiting the machine, don't touch the electrified paddles or you will be electrocuted and will spin out of control. The worst thing that could happen is to hit a pinball in mid air after being launched from the boost ramp and fall down the deep pit (technically an ejection tunnel into the pinball machine in which pinballs go down). Lakitu will have to pull you out there if that happens.
There are no shortcuts whatsoever.
- The "Waluigi Pinball" music from Super Smash Bros. Brawl has a part where Wario's victory theme is played (from the same game).
- When the player runs through an Item Box, goes over a boost pad or completes the first lap, a different, more pinball machine-themed version of the normal sound made plays. This is retained for the Mario Kart 7 version of the track.
- This is one of three tracks in the Mario Kart series to have a sound of the roulette item that differs from other tracks of the original game. The others are Hyrule Circuit and Animal Crossing.
- In Mario Kart DS, Waluigi Pinball shares the same music with Wario Stadium.
- In Mario Kart DS, when pinballs hit off the flippers, their speed increases, then decreases to normal when they go back up to the 4 bumpers. However in Mario Kart 7, the pinball obstacle speed remains constant.