Your sleuthing has landed you in the middle of a huge Team Rocket operation headed by a sinister figure known as Giovanni. The man in the slick suit at the rear of the Game Corner is actually guarding the entrance to a secret, underground lair.
Giovanni has laid his hands on a prototype Silph Scope that can identify the ghosts back at Pokémon Tower. Don't let him get away!
|First floor||Second floor||Third floor||Fourth floor|
|1||Grunt||Drowzee 21||Machop 21||672|
|2||Grunt||Raticate 21||Raticate 21||672|
|3||Grunt||Rattata 19||Raticate 19||Raticate 19||Rattata 19||608|
|4||Grunt||Grimer 20||Koffing 20||Koffing 20||640|
|5||Grunt||Grimer 22||Koffing 22||704|
- PP Up: (hidden) in the southeast plant among the plants directly south of the stairs/entrance
- Escape Rope
- Hyper Potion
|1||Grunt||Zubat 17||Koffing 17||Grimer 17||Zubat 17||Raticate 17||544|
- Moon Stone
- TM12 Taunt
- X Speed
- Super Potion
|1||Grunt||Machop 21||Machop 21||672|
|2||Grunt||Rattata 20||Raticate 20||Drowzee 20||640|
- Nugget: (hidden) near the northwest corner in front of one of the machines
- TM21 Frustration
- Rare Candy
|1||Grunt||Koffing 21||Zubat 21||672, Lift Key|
|2||Grunt||Sandshrew 23||Ekans 23||Sandslash 23||736|
|3||Grunt||Ekans 23||Sandshrew 23||Arbok 23||736|
- Max Ether
- TM49 Snatch
- Lift Key: Dropped by Grunt after defeating him.
|Boss Giovanni||Onix 25||Rhyhorn 24||Kangaskhan 29|
Trainers that started with Bulbasaur or Squirtle will have no problem against Giovanni's first two Pokemon, but those who started with Charmander will have an issue. Hopefully, you kept Metal Claw, otherwise you can teach it TM31 Brick Break, as both moves are super effective against Rock types. If not though, you'll struggle heavily to knock out these guys.
Kangaskhan is a normal Pokemon with a lot of HP. It's important to KO it quickly, otherwise it turns into a real pain with its high attack.
- Silph Scope: Dropped by Giovanni after defeating him.
- Net Ball: (hidden) Between the left plant pot in the room of Boss Giovanni.
- Nest Ball: (hidden) Between the right plant pot in the room of Boss Giovanni.